Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > software to monitor bandwidth

software to monitor bandwidth

Cub

Hiya

Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?

Cub

Leigh-Anne Mills

"Cub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hiya
>

> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
>

> Cub

Google is your friend

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...onitor&spell=1

why?

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:11:58 +0100, Cub wrote:

>Hiya
>

>Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
>bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?

ARGHHH SCREAM !!! NOT AGAIN.

Try searching past posts in 24HSHD it's been mentioned so many times
it's a wonder you didn't find anything simply by accident.

Almost willing to bet an NTL user or 2 would find something.

Then again what's to be expected from someone using home.com in error. I
doubt this is you http://www.jp.home.com/ , but then only you would send
spam to your own mail server and not those that belong to anyone else.

Me

Cub

"Leigh-Anne Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44fff640$0$1377$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Cub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hiya
>>

>> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
>> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
>>

>> Cub
>>

> Google is your friend
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...onitor&spell=1

I'm aware of these but WHAT I asked was a prog that periodically goes out
does a test and loggs the bandwidth ie once , twice an hour so I can plot
the quality over a 24 hour period, the ones from your search will give
useage and average and a few other params i think and typically need you to
be busy surfing to produce the averages.

ProfGene

Cub wrote:
> Hiya
>

> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
>

> Cub

Just go to view and click on arrange by then you can put them in order
of date or alphabetical or whichever you prefer.

The Old Sourdough

ProfGene mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Cub wrote:
>> Hiya
>>

>> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
>> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
>>

>> Cub
>>

> Just go to view and click on arrange by then you can put them in order
> of date or alphabetical or whichever you prefer.

WTF has that got to do with the original question?

--
The Old Sourdough
I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 08:20:12 -0500, The Old Sourdough Has Frothed:

> ProfGene mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> Cub wrote:
>>> Hiya
>>>

>>> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
>>> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
>>>

>>> Cub
>>>

>> Just go to view and click on arrange by then you can put them in order
>> of date or alphabetical or whichever you prefer.

> WTF has that got to do with the original question?

Nothing.

COOSN-266-06-25794

The Old Sourdough

Meat Plow mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 08:20:12 -0500, The Old Sourdough Has Frothed:
>
>> ProfGene mumbled incoherently in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Just go to view and click on arrange by then you can put them in order
>>> of date or alphabetical or whichever you prefer.

>> WTF has that got to do with the original question?

> Nothing.

Which seems to be about the norm for ProfGene.

--

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 18:40:13 +0100, Cub wrote:

>"Leigh-Anne Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:44fff640$0$1377$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Cub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hiya
>>>

>>> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
>>> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?
>>>

>>> Cub
>>>

>> Google is your friend
>>
>> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...onitor&spell=1
>>

>I'm aware of these but WHAT I asked was a prog that periodically goes out
>does a test and loggs the bandwidth ie once , twice an hour so I can plot
>the quality over a 24 hour period, the ones from your search will give
>useage and average and a few other params i think and typically need you to
>be busy surfing to produce the averages.

Ah, the gold old what do you actually want to test, available bandwidth,
how long it takes to send large files, what happens if you send 500MB
over a 100Mb link and how it varies, or maybe see what you can push
through a link for 30 seconds.

The last is more fun, we gets lots of complaints about LAN performance
and not telling anybody I shove 5GB between 2 buildings multiple times
and no one calls, having just flatlined the max bandwith in several
places. Oh what fun......

Last time at work someone knocked up a VB app, to open MS Word, load a
file, close file and close Word. It did save to a CSV file.

There are several end-to-end GUI (OS independant Java) and cmd line
(several OSs) bandwidth testers, depending on the setup you have, try
www.google.com again, using some varied keywords.

Me

Kevin Hill

Cub wrote:
> Hiya
>

> Are there any application that can periodically during the day do a
> bandwidth test and log to a file ie spreadsheet or CSV ?

Not exactly what you're seeking, but it may be worth a look:

http://www.dumeter.com/main.php

monitor 515e pix firewall traffic bandwidth asj Cisco 6 01-13-2011 10:54 AM
Cisco 1750 bandwidth monitor? Alex Cisco 4 05-08-2004 10:17 PM
Monitor MLPPP bundle (bandwidth) Vicky Cisco 1 02-29-2004 11:24 PM
Bandwidth Monitor Ryan Moore ASP .Net 2 02-07-2004 03:28 AM
Newbie question - Writing a bandwidth monitor for TCP/IP Anthony Kavassis Java 0 01-29-2004 12:18 PM

Advertisments