Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bypass a Proxy Internet Server

Bypass a Proxy Internet Server

Harry

I need to bypass a proxy server for legitimate reasons:

When you log onto the network (wirelessly) you get a network connection but
the internet is a proxy where you have to type in a username and password
(which is no problem as I am an authorised user) it then provides you with
internet access, in the browers (IE or FF) How do I tell my XP computer to
connect everything directly so a VPN could work or remote desktop
connection, instead of just the internet. It uses a Navaho system, but I
think its just a proxy internet server.

Any Help much appreciated

why?

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:40:39 +0100, Harry wrote:

>I need to bypass a proxy server for legitimate reasons:

You ask your IT support department that provides the VPN service.

>When you log onto the network (wirelessly) you get a network connection but

I don't , which network?

>the internet is a proxy where you have to type in a username and password
>(which is no problem as I am an authorised user) it then provides you with
>internet access, in the browers (IE or FF) How do I tell my XP computer to

You don't tell XP anything, you configure the proxy settings for the
applications you are using.

<snip>

Me

Harry

OK, but how to I tell Microsoft VPN software built into XP!!!!! Does it get
its setting from IE?
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:40:39 +0100, Harry wrote:
>
>>I need to bypass a proxy server for legitimate reasons:

> You ask your IT support department that provides the VPN service.
>
>>When you log onto the network (wirelessly) you get a network connection
>>but

> I don't , which network?
>
>>the internet is a proxy where you have to type in a username and password
>>(which is no problem as I am an authorised user) it then provides you with
>>internet access, in the browers (IE or FF) How do I tell my XP computer to

> You don't tell XP anything, you configure the proxy settings for the
> applications you are using.
>
> <snip>
>
> Me

why?

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:43:52 +0100, Harry wrote:

>OK, but how to I tell Microsoft VPN software built into XP!!!!! Does it get
>its setting from IE?

You ask your IT support department that provides the VPN service, how to
configue the "properties" of the MS VPN network connection / browser to
the settings they give you to allow you to do what you want.

BTW there isn't anything about proxy settings in the "properties" of the
MS VPN connection IIRC, although it's been a while since last looking at
it.

Who knows, they may setup a bypass rule for you on a firewall / proxy.
So you don't wan't to change your settings, unless your IT support fols
tell you to.

>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 16:40:39 +0100, Harry wrote:
>>
>>>I need to bypass a proxy server for legitimate reasons:

>> You ask your IT support department that provides the VPN service.
>>
>>>When you log onto the network (wirelessly) you get a network connection
>>>but

>> I don't , which network?

<big snip>

Me

Harry

Thanks very much, they should set it up for me.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

IE + Java Applets classload bypass a proxy ed.stark@gmail.com Java 0 04-15-2008 01:37 PM
urllib and bypass proxy kc Python 1 04-05-2008 02:09 PM
proxy bypass jetmike1@excite.com Cisco 2 01-05-2007 04:49 PM
Bypass proxy to access local network URLs ash_mod2@hotmail.com Java 0 02-15-2005 07:58 PM
Bypass(exempt) site with Microsoft Proxy 2.0 =?Utf-8?B?Z3JpZmxldA==?= Microsoft Certification 0 06-02-2004 09:06 PM

Advertisments