Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Installer problems, Cant install office 2003 or Adobe

Windows Installer problems, Cant install office 2003 or Adobe

Edward

I have been trying to install MS Office 2003 and also Adobe reader, and
the install for office just hangs and give a error something like
install has quit in a unusal way or something to that effect. Also when
installing Adobe a error message box keeps coming with installer
errors. I went to the Microsoft site and downloaded 2.0. then 3.0
installer. It accomplished nothing.

Anyone have a clue about this one ?

Thanks

Ed

Jack B. Pollack

"Edward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I have been trying to install MS Office 2003 and also Adobe reader, and
> the install for office just hangs and give a error something like
> install has quit in a unusal way or something to that effect. Also when
> installing Adobe a error message box keeps coming with installer
> errors. I went to the Microsoft site and downloaded 2.0. then 3.0
> installer. It accomplished nothing.
>
> Anyone have a clue about this one ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ed

Two things I would try

1. The Microsoft cleanup utility
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...8-80e8-983a48d
5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

(http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;290301)

2. Delete all temp files in your temp dir