Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Instant Messaging Video Software

Instant Messaging Video Software

Randy

I'm trying to learn about 1-1 video conferencing options that I can use
to do video calls with family and friends. I know that iChat does this
on a Mac, but we have a PC. I used to use NetMeeting, but I'm hoping
that there is something better available. Any help is appreciated.

Randy Eastland

Synapse Syndrome

"Randy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm trying to learn about 1-1 video conferencing options that I can use
> to do video calls with family and friends. I know that iChat does this
> on a Mac, but we have a PC. I used to use NetMeeting, but I'm hoping
> that there is something better available. Any help is appreciated.

Windows Live Messenger is an excellent all-rounder. Skype is better for
high quality voioce calls. Skype now has video too, but I haven't tried
that yet. Yahoo Messenger may be another to consider, but it has nothing
that Windows Live Messenger does not have, and Yahoo and MSN users can now
inter-communicate anyway.

http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

http://www.skype.com/

ss.

Synapse Syndrome

"Synapse Syndrome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Randy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>> I'm trying to learn about 1-1 video conferencing options that I can use
>> to do video calls with family and friends. I know that iChat does this
>> on a Mac, but we have a PC. I used to use NetMeeting, but I'm hoping
>> that there is something better available. Any help is appreciated.

> Windows Live Messenger is an excellent all-rounder. Skype is better for
> high quality voioce calls. Skype now has video too, but I haven't tried
> that yet. Yahoo Messenger may be another to consider, but it has nothing
> that Windows Live Messenger does not have, and Yahoo and MSN users can now
> inter-communicate anyway.
>
> http://get.live.com/messenger/overview
>
> http://www.skype.com/

Another thing is that I don't think that the Mac version of Skype or MSN
Messenger can do video calls yet. As there is no iChat for Windows, the Mac
using friends that I have use Mercury Messenger to video phone Windows
users.

http://www.mercury.to/index.php?page=Mac

ss.