Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > nokia cell: saving calendar to sim

nokia cell: saving calendar to sim

jils

I've been using a Nokia 3120 for some years. I have lots of things in
the calendar, meetings, appointments, birthdays etc.

Now I have a new phone, a Nokia 6233, and when i put the sim card from
the old phone into the new one, all my contacts are there but not my
calendar notes.

I can RTFM (I have tried), but if anyone has any quick clues that would
help, i'd be grateful! If i can't work this out i have to put the sim
card back in the old phone, write down all the calendar notes, put the
sim card in the new phone and add all the calendar notes. boring!
tedious! and this is the electronic age!

Can anyone make any helpful suggestions?
thanks!

JANA

What I do with phones is I use the connectivity kit that is available for
the phones. We buy the kits for the phones in order to maintain user
backups. I download all the information from the phone to a PC. I then
upload the information to the new phone using its respective kit. Check with
your dealer about getting the necessary interface cable and software for
your phone.

There are some service places that offer this service. They usually charge
about thirty to forty dollars for their time.

--

JANA
_____

"jils" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44fcfe56$(E-Mail Removed)...
I've been using a Nokia 3120 for some years. I have lots of things in
the calendar, meetings, appointments, birthdays etc.

Now I have a new phone, a Nokia 6233, and when i put the sim card from
the old phone into the new one, all my contacts are there but not my
calendar notes.

I can RTFM (I have tried), but if anyone has any quick clues that would
help, i'd be grateful! If i can't work this out i have to put the sim
card back in the old phone, write down all the calendar notes, put the
sim card in the new phone and add all the calendar notes. boring!
tedious! and this is the electronic age!

Can anyone make any helpful suggestions?
thanks!

Meat Plow

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 14:41:42 +1000, jils Has Frothed:

> I've been using a Nokia 3120 for some years. I have lots of things in the
> calendar, meetings, appointments, birthdays etc.
>
> Now I have a new phone, a Nokia 6233, and when i put the sim card from the
> old phone into the new one, all my contacts are there but not my calendar
> notes.
>
> I can RTFM (I have tried), but if anyone has any quick clues that would
> help, i'd be grateful! If i can't work this out i have to put the sim card
> back in the old phone, write down all the calendar notes, put the sim card
> in the new phone and add all the calendar notes. boring! tedious! and this
> is the electronic age!
>
> Can anyone make any helpful suggestions? thanks!

Ask in alt.cellular.nokia

COOSN-266-06-25794

jils

thanks, will do that.