Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (running problem) [THANKS] [ MORE THANKS] con't

Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 (running problem) [THANKS] [ MORE THANKS] con't

beenthere

"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Z4MKg.1493$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Date: 9/3/2006 9:32:59PM
> -->_____________________________________________
> -->Rt\click on My Computer\Manage\Event Viewer.
> -->There are 3 items listed there. You need items1 Apps,
> -->and item 3 System.
> -->Click on one, then dbl click on any errors\warnings..
> -->This will try to give you a report of the error.
> -->_____________________________________________
>

> Boy, talk about a Christmas tree!!! There are so many errors it is
> difficult to narrow them down. I suppose I should go one day at a
> time because a good number of them appear to be duplicates. I did
> note that Cdralw2k came up a good number of times. Cdralw2k has
> failed to start because either it is disabled or no enabled device
> associated with it. There are 16 items that failed to boot start or
> system start! I checked on site
> http://www.file.net/process/cdralw2k.sys.html about Cdralw2k. They
> weren't sure what it was. It seems to have been associated with
> Roxio - which I use to have on my PC. I followed the directions at
> http://www.cd-burner-help.com/roxio-...4-cdralw2k.htm. It did
> not help.
>
> What should I do?

Sounds like your `Christmas tree` needs a good dusting down
Luke.
Difficult to pin down from here, `cos I don`t know what
your system\software consists of.
You can clear the Event logs and then get a fresh start with
them.
And on the Menu you can clear the log.
But from what you say, you got a few errors to resolve.

--
bw..OJ

Luke O'Malley

In article Z4MKg.1493$(E-Mail Removed),
Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
-->
-->

beenthere

"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B_HLg.95$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article Z4MKg.1493$(E-Mail Removed),
> Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> -->
> I ended up someplace in MS help on my laptop with a log file that
> showed errors. It picked out a file and I copied the same file from
> my PC. It works now. It seems me original installation disk has a
> defective file or the disk has become corrupt. No I get a popup
> that say an audio dll file is missing . . . or something.
> Otherwise it works fine.
>
> Final Thanks
> Luke

Well done Luke. Glad you sorted it.
You know the old saying. Never say Die <g>.