Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ! How do you converst an ISO file to a file that can be extracted to my hard drive, and installed there?

! How do you converst an ISO file to a file that can be extracted to my hard drive, and installed there?

Gabriel Rapture

Hey there,

I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
I need to be ready when they get here.

I have an ISO of this incredible program, "Rosetta Stone" which will
teach me how to speak Spanish.

Also since I only have a older read write CD-ROM and not a DVD. I
won't be able to convert this file to a CD.

What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
there?

The greedy, devilish, immoral, unethical, highway robbing, needs of
the few outweigh the critical life sustaining needs of the many,
or the one.

GHWB

Mike Easter

Gabriel Rapture wrote:

> What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
> change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
> there?

Tons of shareware programs. You'll have to search them to find a free
one.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/B...nvert-iso.html

Some extractors will open/extract iso/s

--
Mike Easter

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) Gabriel Rapture <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
> change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
> there?

Microsoft has an unsupported utility which you can point at an ISO
file and it will allow you to access files on it as if it was in a drive:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...olpanel_21.exe

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Mike Easter

> Gabriel Rapture wrote:
>
>> What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information
>> and change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and
>> run from there?

Description of Bert's link's file
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xpvirtualcd.html Free virtual CD
ROM for Windows XP 2.1

Another free virtual CD for more versions of Win
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/mi...c-overview.htm MagicDisc
is freeware. allows you to use almost all CD/DVD image without burning
them onto CD or DVD in order to easily access your favorite games,
music, or software programs ---- It works like a real CD/DVD-ROM:

--
Mike Easter

doS

right click, extract to...........

"Gabriel Rapture" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey there,
>
> I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
> I need to be ready when they get here.
>
> I have an ISO of this incredible program, "Rosetta Stone" which will
> teach me how to speak Spanish.
>
> Also since I only have a older read write CD-ROM and not a DVD. I
> won't be able to convert this file to a CD.
>
> What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
> change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
> there?
>

> The greedy, devilish, immoral, unethical, highway robbing, needs of
> the few outweigh the critical life sustaining needs of the many,
> or the one.
>
> GHWB

Blinky the Shark

Gabriel Rapture wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
> I need to be ready when they get here.

When? I already have to press a button on the phone to hear some menus
in English. When is now.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Gabriel Rapture <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
>change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
>there?

I use dameon tools for this
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php

You mount your iso image and it's a virtual CD

--

http://www.eglobe1.com/index.php/200...able-pictures/

Flyer

"Gabriel Rapture" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey there,
>
> I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
> I need to be ready when they get here.
>
> I have an ISO of this incredible program, "Rosetta Stone" which will
> teach me how to speak Spanish.
>
> Also since I only have a older read write CD-ROM and not a DVD. I
> won't be able to convert this file to a CD.
>
> What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
> change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
> there?
>

> The greedy, devilish, immoral, unethical, highway robbing, needs of
> the few outweigh the critical life sustaining needs of the many,
> or the one.

grab a copy of either Winrar or Isobuster.

P.

Barry OGrady

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:03:27 -0500, Gabriel Rapture <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey there,
>
>I'm looking to learn Spanish. It seems they are taking over America so
>I need to be ready when they get here.
>
>I have an ISO of this incredible program, "Rosetta Stone" which will
>teach me how to speak Spanish.
>
>Also since I only have a older read write CD-ROM and not a DVD. I
>won't be able to convert this file to a CD.

Write CD Read Only?

>What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
>change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
>there?

Use the write ability to burn the ISO to CD, or use Winrar or ISO buster.

>The greedy, devilish, immoral, unethical, highway robbing, needs of
>the few outweigh the critical life sustaining needs of the many,
>or the one.
>
>GHWB

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

Fat Ass Fred

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 23:41:44 +1000, Barry OGrady
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>What kind of programs are out there that will take ISO information and
>>change it into something I can extract onto my hard drive and run from
>>there?

>Use the write ability to burn the ISO to CD, or use Winrar or ISO buster.

Or MagicISO, which allows you to add custom boot sectors that'll boot
multiple operating systems and put a menu up, etc.... Or even better,
PURCHASE A LEGAL COPY OF THE PROGRAM.....