Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mouse driver

Reply
Thread Tools

Mouse driver

 
 
Ken Doughty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2006
Hi - I have Windows XP prof, and the mouse works perfectly in Windows.
It used to be just fine in MS applications but it has suddenly started
to lock up and move badly. I would normally re-install the driver but as
it is a DOS application buried in Windows I have no idea.
The mouse is Microsoft Intellimouse - serial andPS2 compatible
Product ID 63618-577

Grateful for any help - thanks
--
-----------
Ken Doughty
Bedfordshire England

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
doS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2006
download a driver from microsoft...

"Ken Doughty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0+NwX0BFfc+EFw$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi - I have Windows XP prof, and the mouse works perfectly in Windows. It
> used to be just fine in MS applications but it has suddenly started to
> lock up and move badly. I would normally re-install the driver but as it
> is a DOS application buried in Windows I have no idea.
> The mouse is Microsoft Intellimouse - serial andPS2 compatible
> Product ID 63618-577
>
> Grateful for any help - thanks
> --
> -----------
> Ken Doughty
> Bedfordshire England
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gordon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2006
"Ken Doughty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0+NwX0BFfc+EFw$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi - I have Windows XP prof, and the mouse works perfectly in Windows. It
> used to be just fine in MS applications but it has suddenly started to
> lock up and move badly. I would normally re-install the driver but as it
> is a DOS application buried in Windows I have no idea.
> The mouse is Microsoft Intellimouse - serial andPS2 compatible
> Product ID 63618-577
>



Firstly XP doesn't have DOS. Secondly, have you tried taking the ball out
and cleaning the inside?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob B
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-02-2006

"Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ken Doughty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0+NwX0BFfc+EFw$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi - I have Windows XP prof, and the mouse works perfectly in Windows. It
>> used to be just fine in MS applications but it has suddenly started to
>> lock up and move badly. I would normally re-install the driver but as it
>> is a DOS application buried in Windows I have no idea.
>> The mouse is Microsoft Intellimouse - serial andPS2 compatible
>> Product ID 63618-577
>>

>
>
> Firstly XP doesn't have DOS. Secondly, have you tried taking the ball out
> and cleaning the inside?


Do mice still have balls? BB
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
chuckieŽ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2006

"Bob B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ZuoKg.3148$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Ken Doughty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:0+NwX0BFfc+EFw$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Hi - I have Windows XP prof, and the mouse works perfectly in Windows.

It
> >> used to be just fine in MS applications but it has suddenly started to
> >> lock up and move badly. I would normally re-install the driver but as

it
> >> is a DOS application buried in Windows I have no idea.
> >> The mouse is Microsoft Intellimouse - serial andPS2 compatible
> >> Product ID 63618-577
> >>

> >
> >
> > Firstly XP doesn't have DOS. Secondly, have you tried taking the ball

out
> > and cleaning the inside?

>
> Do mice still have balls? BB
> >
> >

>

Only the males...I think...


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ken Doughty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2006
Very funny you lot - mice balls indeed!
I have had the ball out and cleaned it, no change it still works
perfectly in normal windows where I am 99% of the time. In the "DOS"
applications (as WINXP appears not to have DOS) it sticks and jerks.
I visited the Microsoft driver source but could not sort out a driver
for the "DOS" like applications - hence the plea for help.

Cheers


In message <syrKg.5713$(E-Mail Removed)> , chuckieŽ
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>
>"Bob B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:ZuoKg.3148$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > "Ken Doughty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:0+NwX0BFfc+EFw$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >> Hi - I have Windows XP prof, and the mouse works perfectly in Windows.

>It
>> >> used to be just fine in MS applications but it has suddenly started to
>> >> lock up and move badly. I would normally re-install the driver but as

>it
>> >> is a DOS application buried in Windows I have no idea.
>> >> The mouse is Microsoft Intellimouse - serial andPS2 compatible
>> >> Product ID 63618-577
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> > Firstly XP doesn't have DOS. Secondly, have you tried taking the ball

>out
>> > and cleaning the inside?

>>
>> Do mice still have balls? BB
>> >
>> >

>>

>Only the males...I think...
>
>


--
-----------
Ken

 
Reply With Quote
 
Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      09-03-2006
Ken Doughty <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Very funny you lot - mice balls indeed!
>I have had the ball out and cleaned it, no change it still works
>perfectly in normal windows where I am 99% of the time. In the "DOS"
>applications (as WINXP appears not to have DOS) it sticks and jerks.
>I visited the Microsoft driver source but could not sort out a driver
>for the "DOS" like applications - hence the plea for help.


Check out Config.nt and Autoexec.NT in your System32 directory, these
text files are loaded for your "DOS" session.

Not related to your problem, but how to copy these files to your OS
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324767/ and how both should read.

--
1000 virtual cars racing at the same time - Trackmania Sunrise
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mouse driver for old mouse that works in XP t8769 Computer Support 4 10-24-2007 08:19 AM
Heres a mouse theres a mouse what a mouse do? unholy Gaming 37 09-17-2006 08:59 AM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xffc Thread 0x228 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 0 03-30-2006 03:16 PM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 1 03-24-2006 04:20 PM
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x8fc Thread 0x934 DBC 0x437b94 Jet'. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr bazzer ASP .Net 0 03-24-2006 02:22 PM



Advertisments