Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > windows messenger systray icon?

windows messenger systray icon?

sam

hello,

been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.

using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
systray.

i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
"sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
systray?

thanks,

mike

John Holmes

sam "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> hello,
>
> been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
>
> using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
> systray.
>
> i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
> "sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
> systray?
>
> thanks,
>
> mike

You complete eruption of dusky knob cheese.

--
Your mother was an infested dunce who served a life sentence down a
drain.

cuntbubble

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7X4Kg.21258$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> hello,
>
> been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
>
> using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
> systray.

End the process then rip it right outta the your registry - either HKCU or
HKLM, \software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run.

Have fun. =]

> i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
> "sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
> systray?
>
> thanks,
>
> mike

Meat Plow

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 01:15:47 +0000, sam Has Frothed:

> hello,
>
> been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
>
> using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
> systray.
>
> i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
> "sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
> systray?
>
> thanks,
>
> mike

End the task: msnmsgr.exe then delete the folder \Program Files\MSN
Messenger (provided you don't want to ever use it.)

COOSN-266-06-25794

Ben Myers

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:7X4Kg.21258$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> hello,
>
> been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
>
> using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
> systray.

See if this is helpful.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302089

> i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
> "sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
> systray?

See if "systray.exe" is in your msconfig Startup tab. If so, uncheck it.

Ben

Carol2

"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CmhKg.13613$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7X4Kg.21258$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> hello,
>
> been a hell of a day. had to do a sys. restore. yeechhhh.
>
> using win xp here. how do i get rid of windows messenger icon in the
> systray.

See if this is helpful.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302089

> i figure run the msconfig but what is the name? and what is the name of
> "sound manager" or whatever the hell it is taht is also cluttering my
> systray?

See if "systray.exe" is in your msconfig Startup tab. If so, uncheck it.

Ben

Sam...... I found the same info posted by Ben a couple weeks ago, while
setting up this new system. Under Set Program Access & Defaults, you will
see Other with a tick mark by it. Expand that area & scroll down to
Messenger. I left Use My Current.....& removed the mark by Enable. It made
the thing stop opening in Systray whenever I have certain programs
open.....& Yet it is available from the Start Menu, if I or a visitor wish
to use it one day.

Carol2