Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > audio driver reinstall

audio driver reinstall

nunya

Grrrrr.....

By xp pro box belched and blew out my audio drivers. I would appreciate a bit of advice about the reinstall.

XP Pro
2000 mb ram
Via Mother

Soundlaster Live! drivers reinstalled and I have my music back, but running a check of the system indicates I have bad drivers for my vinl AC'97 Combo driver (wdm) onboard via drivers.

The sound is working great with just the SB drivers installed. Do I still need to/want to reinstall the onboard drivers? Is there an advantage to installing vs leaving them uninstalled at this point?

Thanks
Nunya

David Matthew Wood

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"nunya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Grrrrr.....
>
> By xp pro box belched and blew out my audio drivers. I would appreciate a bit
> of advice about the reinstall.
>
> XP Pro
> 2000 mb ram
> Via Mother
>
> Soundlaster Live! drivers reinstalled and I have my music back, but running a
> check of the system indicates I have bad drivers for my vinl AC'97 Combo
> driver (wdm) onboard via drivers.
>
> The sound is working great with just the SB drivers installed. Do I still
> need to/want to reinstall the onboard drivers? Is there an advantage to
> installing vs leaving them uninstalled at this point?
>
> Thanks
> Nunya

No advantage at all. In fact, you should disable onboard sound
altogether in BIOS setup if you're using an add on sound card.

nunya

"David Matthew Wood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "nunya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Do I still
>> need to/want to reinstall the onboard drivers? Is there an advantage to
>> installing vs leaving them uninstalled at this point?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Nunya

> No advantage at all. In fact, you should disable onboard sound
> altogether in BIOS setup if you're using an add on sound card.

Yep, well done, thanks - next stop Bios.

TYVM
nunya