Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Refilling Dell 924 ink cartriges

Refilling Dell 924 ink cartriges

bacteroid@glocalnet.net

Hey,
Does anyone have the instructions for refilling both the black and
color cartriges for a Dell AIO 924 printer?
Please help if you can.
Thanks in advance.

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ

On 1 Sep 2006 12:27:23 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Hey,
>Does anyone have the instructions for refilling both the black and
>color cartriges for a Dell AIO 924 printer?
>Please help if you can.
>Thanks in advance.

Bacteroid, it is fairly straightforward and simple.

Sit at a table and have yourself a tray of some type to lay your
cartridges and ink on just in case you spill some or have overflow
while refilling them.

Make sure you have ink that states on the package that it is
compatible with Dell computers or Lexmark. Take the cartridges out of
the printer. When you take the cartridges out of the printer for the
first time they will have a film of glue over the fill holes, rub this
glue off with your fingers, it will come right off.

Next, I always start off with the black cartridge because it is easier
than the color to refill. Get your black ink, get your needle and ink
pump and suck some black ink up in it, about 7ml, this is how much
they all hold, approximately, if they are empty, if not, less. That is
7ml for each hole on the cartridge.

Take your needle and gently poke around in the sponge that you will
feel in each fill hole until it punctures it and then you can fill.

Fill your black ink cartridge up with all black ink, self explanatory.
If you overfill and it starts to run out, you should not leave it that
way, just withdraw a little of the ink with the needle. You don't want
any free floating ink, you want the sponge to absorb it all.

For the color, you do the same. No black ink, naturally. You will
have a color blue, color red, and color yellow. It is very important
on the color cartridge to get the right color in the right depository.
Make sure you put blue where the blue color originally was and the
same with yellow and red. Get a flashlight if you have too, to look
down in the tiny holes to determine which color was originally in
which hole, they aren't marked.

After you are down, wipe off any excess ink and try your best to not
get any of the ink on the contacts of the cartridge. If you do, make
sure to clean them off with cartridge and print head wash before
putting them back in the printer.

Also, you should have some rubber plugs to put back in the fill holes
to keep the ink from running out.

Altie