Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to delete messages from my computer after reading them?

How to delete messages from my computer after reading them?

Lilajane Frascarelli

Equipment: iMac running OS X 10.4.7, Entourage.

After reading the newsgroup messages I'd like to get rid of them so that
they wouldn't be there the next time I open that news group.

Before I changed to 10.4.7 I had set the preferences to NOT display such
messages when I opened the program the next time. Now I can't find a place
to tell it to do that.

How can I set the preferences so that when I have read a message it goes
away?

Thanks for helping.

Lilajane

Whiskers

On 2006-08-31, Lilajane Frascarelli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Equipment: iMac running OS X 10.4.7, Entourage.
>
> After reading the newsgroup messages I'd like to get rid of them so that
> they wouldn't be there the next time I open that news group.
>
> Before I changed to 10.4.7 I had set the preferences to NOT display such
> messages when I opened the program the next time. Now I can't find a place
> to tell it to do that.
>
> How can I set the preferences so that when I have read a message it goes
> away?
>
> Thanks for helping.
>
> Lilajane

You might get better help if you post this question to the newsgroup
called news.software.readers - put the name of your newsreader program in
the 'Subject' so that people who are familiar with it will be more likely
to notice your question.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Rectum Burn

Whiskers <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On 2006-08-31, Lilajane Frascarelli <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Equipment: iMac running OS X 10.4.7, Entourage.
>>
>> After reading the newsgroup messages I'd like to get rid of them so
>> that they wouldn't be there the next time I open that news group.
>>
>> Before I changed to 10.4.7 I had set the preferences to NOT display
>> such messages when I opened the program the next time. Now I can't
>> find a place to tell it to do that.
>>
>> How can I set the preferences so that when I have read a message it
>> goes away?
>>
>> Thanks for helping.
>>
>> Lilajane

> You might get better help if you post this question to the newsgroup
> called news.software.readers - put the name of your newsreader program
> in the 'Subject' so that people who are familiar with it will be more
> likely to notice your question.

It's right in the header (User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/11.2.5.060620) if
you bothered to look. I thought all you Linux guys were smart? (User-Agent:
slrn/0.9.8.1 (Linux))

Rectum Burrrrrrn

Evan Platt

On 31 Aug 2006 22:35:34 +0200, Rectum Burn
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It's right in the header (User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/11.2.5.060620) if
>you bothered to look. I thought all you Linux guys were smart? (User-Agent:
>slrn/0.9.8.1 (Linux))

I'm pretty sure Whiskers does know, but notice his suggestion was to
both post to another group, AND put the newsreader in the subject?

Whiskers

On 2006-08-31, Evan Platt <evan@*******************************> wrote:
> On 31 Aug 2006 22:35:34 +0200, Rectum Burn
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>It's right in the header (User-Agent: Microsoft-Entourage/11.2.5.060620) if
>>you bothered to look. I thought all you Linux guys were smart? (User-Agent:
>>slrn/0.9.8.1 (Linux))

> I'm pretty sure Whiskers does know, but notice his suggestion was to
> both post to another group, AND put the newsreader in the subject?

No need to look in the headers, even; the OP mentions it in the 'body' <G>

Regulars in NSR commonly filter or score on the name of the client in the
subject, hence the advice to put the name of the client there.

--
-- Whiskers