Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: The most ridiculous cola quotes of all?

DFS wrote:

> Here's a great one by none other than 7:
>
> "That goes back to what I was saying about the professional office
> environment is now closed off to micoshaft with the release of Open Office
> 2."

DFS you are a fool.

Bigger things have happened and ODF is now the thing, with Open Office
taking up supporting ODF and micoshaft unable to comply with
ODF standards thus being relegated to second choice in many a place.

I doubt anyone is setting asside serious money to building
projects around micoshaft oriffice when they have Open Office and ODF.

There are many features in Open Office that micoshaft oriffice
doesn't have, and which I can't do without now;
and the feature list gets bigger and bigger all the time.
And its cross platform.

If I were you, I'd download a free copy of Open Office
and install it on your machines and enjoy the difference

http://www.openoffice.org

William Poaster

This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on Wed, 30 Aug 2006
21:10:25 +0000, 7 wrote:

> DFS wrote:
>
>> Here's a great one by none other than 7:
>>
>> "That goes back to what I was saying about the professional office
>> environment is now closed off to micoshaft with the release of Open
>> Office 2."

> DFS you are a fool.

That wasn't the "most ridiculous cola quotes of all" IMO, *this* was:-

"If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
be posting anything right now."
DFS - comp.os.linux.advocacy Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004

<snip>

--
Linux is not a desktop OS for people
whose VCRs are still flashing "12:00".

The Ghost In The Machine

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, William Poaster
<(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote
on Wed, 30 Aug 2006 23:21:47 +0100
<(E-Mail Removed)>:
> This message was posted on Usenet, NOT JLAforums, & on Wed, 30 Aug 2006
> 21:10:25 +0000, 7 wrote:
>
>> DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Here's a great one by none other than 7:
>>>
>>> "That goes back to what I was saying about the professional office
>>> environment is now closed off to micoshaft with the release of Open
>>> Office 2."

>> DFS you are a fool.

> That wasn't the "most ridiculous cola quotes of all" IMO, *this* was:-
>
> "If it weren't for Windows, you wouldn't
> be posting anything right now."
> DFS - comp.os.linux.advocacy Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004
>

> <snip>

Hm. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

suggests 1979 for Usenet. (RFC977 came in 1986, some
time later.) Since Microsoft was founded in 1976 but
didn't *announce* Windows 1.0 until 1983 (never mind
*releasing* something that was actually *network-capable*)
I for one find this rather silly.

Nice try, DFS, but no soup for you. Come to think of it,
no crackers, celery, or bread, either. Froth, yes; we've
got *lots* of that.

[24hr removed from followups]

#191, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Windows Vista. Because it's time to refresh your hardware. Trust us.