Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Networking without Cable.

Networking without Cable.

Sanjai

Dear Friends!
I need a small/big help from you.
we have a computer in our office and another computer with a printer in
our godown too.we want to set up a network connenction between these 2
systems without cable/wire.if we put a invoice in our office computer,
the print out will come thru the godown printer.i have no idea about
it. please help me to make it.

Regards
Sanjai.

Meat Plow

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:30:30 -0700, Sanjai Has Frothed:

> Dear Friends!
> I need a small/big help from you.
> we have a computer in our office and another computer with a printer in
> our godown too.we want to set up a network connenction between these 2
> systems without cable/wire.if we put a invoice in our office computer, the
> print out will come thru the godown printer.i have no idea about it.
> please help me to make it.
>
> Regards
> Sanjai.

Here's a place to start your education:

Mike Easter

Sanjai wrote:

> we have a computer in our office and another computer with a printer
> in our godown too.we want to set up a network connenction between
> these 2 systems without cable/wire.if we put a invoice in our office
> computer, the print out will come thru the godown printer.i have no
> idea about it. please help me to make it.

Does it matter how much it costs?

The way to network without wire is wirelessly, which is going to be far
more expensive and 'demanding' of a learning curve than simply adding a
printer to the compuer which doesn't have one.

You will need to learn about networking, you will need to learn about
wireless networking, you will need to learn about networking/wireless
security. Since the printer presumably isn't a network printer one
alternative is to have it print off the connected computer which will
have to be up and on the network. You would need a wireless router and
a wireless card in the remote computer you want to network without
wires. That setup could have the printer computer ethernet wired to the
router and doing printer sharing.

Given that level of cost and difficulty, why not just add either a
printer or a wire/cable?

Alternatively, you could configure with a wireless printserver so that
then you would be able to drive the printer from the remote computer
without the connected computer being on. That would be connected
computer ethernet to wireless printserver, printserver to printer,
remote computer with wireless card.

--
Mike Easter

Whiskers

On 2006-08-29, Sanjai <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Dear Friends!
> I need a small/big help from you.
> we have a computer in our office and another computer with a printer in
> our godown too.we want to set up a network connenction between these 2
> systems without cable/wire.if we put a invoice in our office computer,
> the print out will come thru the godown printer.i have no idea about
> it. please help me to make it.
>
> Regards
> Sanjai.

You should call in the experts for quotes to set up and maintain a system
that will work for your company in your circumstances. This will be a lot
cheaper in the long term than trying to do it yourselves and getting in a
mess.

--
-- Whiskers