Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can someone please help me in my univ selection?

Can someone please help me in my univ selection?

rahul986@gmail.com

Hi,

I've recently taken my GRE and got a score of 1360 (V 580 + Q 780). And
an AWA score of 6.0. My brief profile is as follows:

B.Tech in ECE
Aggregate as of now: 79%
Topper's % in my University(JNTU): around 89%
My achievements profile is the best in my college, I've done many
activities... that separate me from the rest of the students...

University Topper in the subject of Electronics in my First Year
Won four National Level Paper Presentations
Won a National Level competition for the best innovative idea regarding
the concept of a website
Been the Chief Editor of the first Technical Magazine of our college

I can get hopefully nice recommendation letters from my professors.
I'll try to get even from the Principal and the Dean.

I'm actually confused with all the university selection process. I'm
not able to decide which universities to apply. Currectly I'm planning
to apply for around 10-12. I'm planning to take Electricals as my MS
field and maybe more precisely Computer Networks under that or
Telecommunications. Here's the list I've gathered:

Ohio State University, Columbus
University of Sincinatti
Arizona State University, Phoenux
University of Texas, Dallas
North Carolina State University, Raleigh
Purdiu University, Indianapolis
Iowa State University
University of Southern California, Los Angeles
West Virginia
University of Utah, Salt Lake City
Clempson University
University of Florida
Cornigie Melon

Are there any universities in which I can get full aid? What is the
significance of this AWA score? Does my 6.0 help me atleast 2-5% in the
admission process?

This is my first post here, so I apologise if I posted anything wrong.

Thank You so much for your time.

Whiskers

On 2006-08-29, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently taken my GRE and got a score of 1360 (V 580 + Q 780). And
> an AWA score of 6.0. My brief profile is as follows:
>
> B.Tech in ECE
> Aggregate as of now: 79%
> Topper's % in my University(JNTU): around 89%
> My achievements profile is the best in my college, I've done many
> activities... that separate me from the rest of the students...
>
> University Topper in the subject of Electronics in my First Year
> Won four National Level Paper Presentations
> Won a National Level competition for the best innovative idea regarding
> the concept of a website
> Been the Chief Editor of the first Technical Magazine of our college
>
> I can get hopefully nice recommendation letters from my professors.
> I'll try to get even from the Principal and the Dean.
>
> I'm actually confused with all the university selection process. I'm
> not able to decide which universities to apply. Currectly I'm planning
> to apply for around 10-12. I'm planning to take Electricals as my MS
> field and maybe more precisely Computer Networks under that or
> Telecommunications. Here's the list I've gathered:
>
> Ohio State University, Columbus
> University of Sincinatti
> Arizona State University, Phoenux
> University of Texas, Dallas
> North Carolina State University, Raleigh
> Purdiu University, Indianapolis
> Iowa State University
> University of Southern California, Los Angeles
> West Virginia
> University of Utah, Salt Lake City
> Clempson University
> University of Florida
> Cornigie Melon
>
> Are there any universities in which I can get full aid? What is the
> significance of this AWA score? Does my 6.0 help me atleast 2-5% in the
> admission process?
>
> This is my first post here, so I apologise if I posted anything wrong.
>
> Thank You so much for your time.

I'm no more American than you are, so I can't help you with the
technicalities of applying for a university place in the USA from India.
However, these points leap out as needing attention from you:

1) Make sure that you can get into the country legally for the purposes
of attending a US university.

2) How are you going to get to the USA and support yourself there?

3) Learning how to spell the name of the university before you write to
them, would probably improve your chances of having your letter read.

4) I don't know what allowances they would make for your standard of
English.

--
-- Whiskers