Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > MCSE+S or Security+

MCSE+S or Security+

Rowdy Yates

Hi all. If you were already an MCSE had to make a choice between going for
either a the vendor specific MCSE+S or non-vendor specific Security+, which
one would you choose and why?

I was originally going for the MCSE+S, but am having 2nd doubts now.
Eventhoug it's a killer, it kinda look like it's better to so the Security+
and then CISSP route. I may develop a brian anyrisn trying to pass the
CISSP exam, but it ian't rocket science, right?

MCSE World

Why not get Security+ and apply it towards your MCSE: Security? Two for one
deal.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi all. If you were already an MCSE had to make a choice between going for
> either a the vendor specific MCSE+S or non-vendor specific Security+,

which
> one would you choose and why?
>
> I was originally going for the MCSE+S, but am having 2nd doubts now.
> Eventhoug it's a killer, it kinda look like it's better to so the

Security+
> and then CISSP route. I may develop a brian anyrisn trying to pass the
> CISSP exam, but it ian't rocket science, right?

Ken Briscoe

> Hi all. If you were already an MCSE had to make a choice between going for
> either a the vendor specific MCSE+S or non-vendor specific Security+,

which
> one would you choose and why?
>
> I was originally going for the MCSE+S, but am having 2nd doubts now.
> Eventhoug it's a killer, it kinda look like it's better to so the

Security+
> and then CISSP route. I may develop a brian anyrisn trying to pass the
> CISSP exam, but it ian't rocket science, right?

English is to hard "rocket science" right true?

I'm juss jerkin' yer chain.
--

KB - MCNGP #26

ajs1976

Do both.

You can use the Sec+ as one of the electives for the
MCSE+S.

Andy
------------------
www.icertify.net
www.mcseworld.com
www.techexams.net

Davor Dzorlev

You should choose you certification path. If you choose to be certified in
security, have CISSP and work in US you should seriously consider are you
able to get that Security Clearance that is an imperative for most of the
job postings. Else you job choice will be very reduced. I'm from Europe so I
don't know about details in US labor market, but here Security Cert-s. are
still not recognized and respected as they are in the US.

"Rowdy Yates" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hi all. If you were already an MCSE had to make a choice between going for
> either a the vendor specific MCSE+S or non-vendor specific Security+,

which
> one would you choose and why?
>
> I was originally going for the MCSE+S, but am having 2nd doubts now.
> Eventhoug it's a killer, it kinda look like it's better to so the

Security+
> and then CISSP route. I may develop a brian anyrisn trying to pass the
> CISSP exam, but it ian't rocket science, right?

Rowdy Yates

Good point Davor. I have seen the "security clearance" mentioned in a bunch
of postings. I assume that all it is it them checking to make sure you
don't have a criminal record e.t.c...right? similar to if you want to be a
teacher in a high school or elementary school. they need to make sure you
have a clean record.

Or am I missing something?

"Davor Dzorlev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

Rowdy Yates

"Ken Briscoe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> English is to hard "rocket science" right true?
>

> I'm juss jerkin' yer chain.
> --

he..he.. i am using xnews. it's a little more os independent than ms
express but no "spell check" baby girl.

Rowdy Yates

"MCSE World" <admin_at_mcseworld.com> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Why not get Security+ and apply it towards your MCSE: Security? Two
> for one deal.
>

> Best,
> Will
> www.mcseworld.com

i already got my 70-227 MCP as elective for the mcse 2k track.

It doesn't look like I can use Security+ in place of the 70-229

http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/m...server2003.asp

but maybe if i wait - that might change.

Davor Dzorlev

Probably it is about that, but as I mentioned I am from Europe, so I don't
know the details about the requirements for the "security clearance" or "top
secret clearence" (required for military service), but I surely know that
this is dedicated for US citizens only, and no foreigner can take that. So
if you are not US citizen you can not apply for jobs in US, with such
requirements.