Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > rebooting my computer will once and it keeps erstarting

rebooting my computer will once and it keeps erstarting

Ron Martell

"detap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently installed a new mother board,CPU modem.power supply box and
>memory with a new window XP pro. now when ever rebooting my computer will
>stop and start 5 to 10 times before it will boot all the way up dose any one
>know what the problem is

With a new motherboard etc. you almost always need to do a Repair
Install of Windows XP in order properly configure the HAL (Hardware
Abstraction Layer) to work with the new components.

See http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm for details.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."

detap

I recently installed a new mother board,CPU modem.power supply box and
memory with a new window XP pro. now when ever rebooting my computer will
stop and start 5 to 10 times before it will boot all the way up dose any one
know what the problem is

joevan

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:34:44 -0700, "detap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I recently installed a new mother board,CPU modem.power supply box and
>memory with a new window XP pro. now when ever rebooting my computer will
>stop and start 5 to 10 times before it will boot all the way up dose any one
>know what the problem is

Could it be the OP?
and for the same reason."