Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Importing Yahoo folders into Outlook...

Importing Yahoo folders into Outlook...

newsguy67@rogers.com

Does anyone know how to import your Yahoo folders/emails into Outlook.
I found a program called YPOPS that I think will do it but I'm having
trouble understanding their interface.

I'm not talking about forwarding or downloading my Yahoo email. What I
have currently are 7 folders worth of email that I want to import into
Outlook. Thanks.

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) Wrote The Following:
> Does anyone know how to import your Yahoo folders/emails into Outlook.
> I found a program called YPOPS that I think will do it but I'm having
> trouble understanding their interface.
>
> I'm not talking about forwarding or downloading my Yahoo email. What I
> have currently are 7 folders worth of email that I want to import into
> Outlook. Thanks.

Complete instructions are available on the Yahoo web site. Good Luck

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

newsguy67@rogers.com

Old Gringo wrote:
> Without Any Hesitation, (E-Mail Removed) Wrote The Following:
> > Does anyone know how to import your Yahoo folders/emails into Outlook.
> > I found a program called YPOPS that I think will do it but I'm having
> > trouble understanding their interface.
> >
> > I'm not talking about forwarding or downloading my Yahoo email. What I
> > have currently are 7 folders worth of email that I want to import into
> > Outlook. Thanks.
> >

> Complete instructions are available on the Yahoo web site. Good Luck
>
> --
> Old Gringo
> Just West Of Nowhere
> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
> http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

I'm not using a paid version of Yahoo and I can't find any links to the
instructions. Can you copy/paste the URL for me? Thanks.

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, (E-Mail Removed) Wrote The Following:
> Old Gringo wrote:
>> Without Any Hesitation, (E-Mail Removed) Wrote The Following:
>>> Does anyone know how to import your Yahoo folders/emails into Outlook.
>>> I found a program called YPOPS that I think will do it but I'm having
>>> trouble understanding their interface.
>>>
>>> I'm not talking about forwarding or downloading my Yahoo email. What I
>>> have currently are 7 folders worth of email that I want to import into
>>> Outlook. Thanks.
>>>

>> Complete instructions are available on the Yahoo web site. Good Luck
>>
>> --
>> Old Gringo
>> Just West Of Nowhere
>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>> http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

> I'm not using a paid version of Yahoo and I can't find any links to the
> instructions. Can you copy/paste the URL for me? Thanks.

Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
to place them in after retrieval.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

newsguy67@rogers.com

> Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
> inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
> to place them in after retrieval.

That makes sense. However, when I start outlook and want to do an
Import I don't get the option of importing from Yahoo. I get a few
other options to import from but none that I can use for Yahoo. What
am I missing here?

newsguy67@rogers.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
> > inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
> > to place them in after retrieval.
> >

> That makes sense. However, when I start outlook and want to do an
> Import I don't get the option of importing from Yahoo. I get a few
> other options to import from but none that I can use for Yahoo. What
> am I missing here?

OK...I got it to work. However, the only problem is that Yahoo doesn't
keep the messages after they've been downloaded. Thanks for the help.

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, (E-Mail Removed) Wrote The Following:
>> Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
>> inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
>> to place them in after retrieval.
>>

> That makes sense. However, when I start outlook and want to do an
> Import I don't get the option of importing from Yahoo. I get a few
> other options to import from but none that I can use for Yahoo. What
> am I missing here?

Set an account in Outlook to retrieve email from Yahoo. Move email
in folders at Yahoo to the inbox, mark them as unread. Then download
into Outlook. Then move to appropriate folder you set up in Outlook.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, (E-Mail Removed) Wrote The Following:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
>>> inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
>>> to place them in after retrieval.
>>>

>> That makes sense. However, when I start outlook and want to do an
>> Import I don't get the option of importing from Yahoo. I get a few
>> other options to import from but none that I can use for Yahoo. What
>> am I missing here?

> OK...I got it to work. However, the only problem is that Yahoo doesn't
> keep the messages after they've been downloaded. Thanks for the help.

Your email client can be set to leave messages on the server.

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

newsguy67@rogers.com

> Set an account in Outlook to retrieve email from Yahoo. Move email
> in folders at Yahoo to the inbox, mark them as unread. Then download
> into Outlook. Then move to appropriate folder you set up in Outlook.

Another worthy response. Thanks again.

Old Gringo

Without Any Hesitation, (E-Mail Removed) Wrote The Following:
>> Set an account in Outlook to retrieve email from Yahoo. Move email
>> in folders at Yahoo to the inbox, mark them as unread. Then download
>> into Outlook. Then move to appropriate folder you set up in Outlook.
>>

> Another worthy response. Thanks again.

You are more than welcome good luck