Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can not buy a fine product because of a letter ("A-B-C") problem.

Can not buy a fine product because of a letter ("A-B-C") problem.

Knut Arvid Keilen

Hi !

A business on the web which is having the web-address of
http://www.orionstudios.com (and .net) is offering a fine product having the
name of
DirectDVD 6 HD Professional Version. Somewhat expensive, US$ 99.99, I have
got a coupon for a discount of US$ 40.

This because I have bought a earlier version (Direct DVD 5 - it actually is
5.2) which is later activated by means of a code.

When I go through the process of bying the product (6 HD), the system wants
my country (in this case Norway) from a drop-down list.

There is an error in the system and the abbreviation NOR (for Norway)
becomes "MOR".

Therefore the system refuses the transaction. I have the software downloaded
which may or may not differ from the final product
(many products only needs the activation code or the similar to become the
"PRO" version).

So this offer expires very shortly. I probably bought the previous version
without a coupon, although I do not remember what I paid at that time.

One or more e-mails I have posted to Orion Studios regarding this letter
error (which already was there when I bought the previous version)
was not replied at and the error is still there.

Can anyone help me with this problem ?

Thanks !

Knut Arvid Keilen
NORWAY

Mistoffolees

Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:

> Hi !
>
> A business on the web which is having the web-address of
> http://www.orionstudios.com (and .net) is offering a fine product having the
> name of
> DirectDVD 6 HD Professional Version. Somewhat expensive, US$ 99.99, I have
> got a coupon for a discount of US$ 40.
>
> This because I have bought a earlier version (Direct DVD 5 - it actually is
> 5.2) which is later activated by means of a code.
>
> When I go through the process of bying the product (6 HD), the system wants
> my country (in this case Norway) from a drop-down list.
>
> There is an error in the system and the abbreviation NOR (for Norway)
> becomes "MOR".
>
> Therefore the system refuses the transaction. I have the software downloaded
> which may or may not differ from the final product
> (many products only needs the activation code or the similar to become the
> "PRO" version).
>
> So this offer expires very shortly. I probably bought the previous version
> without a coupon, although I do not remember what I paid at that time.
>
> One or more e-mails I have posted to Orion Studios regarding this letter
> error (which already was there when I bought the previous version)
> was not replied at and the error is still there.
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Knut Arvid Keilen
> NORWAY

Knut,

This is the weekend --- Saturday and Sunday. Most businesses
that are not actually stores are typically closed for these 2
days. Perhaps on Monday, someone will read your e-mail and
take care of this problem for you.