Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Tablet Pen Won't 'Click'

Tablet Pen Won't 'Click'

alona_spiegel@yahoo.com

I just bought a new tablet PC from Gatewate (my previous one I adored
was stolen), and 15 days later the pen stopped working. The warrenty
covered up until the 14th day and, of course, it was the day after I
was able to get free fixes. I was using the stylist freehand in
Photoshop when suddenly my eraser stopped responding. I thought
possibly the window wasn't selected, so I made sure that it worked with
my mouse. When I tapped the pen on the screen, nothing happened. The
pointer followed the tip, but when I put pressure on it, it doesn't
select or click on anything. The right click button doesn't work
either. I have called, e-mailed, and chatted with Gateway support and
they haven't done ANYTHING to help me. Yahoo chats were also unhelpful
as no one really knew what they were talking about. Usually when I have
a computer problem, the chats and here is where I come for help
Thank you for anyone who is able to help me.

Synapse Syndrome

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just bought a new tablet PC from Gatewate (my previous one I adored
> was stolen), and 15 days later the pen stopped working. The warrenty
> covered up until the 14th day and, of course, it was the day after I
> was able to get free fixes. I was using the stylist freehand in
> Photoshop when suddenly my eraser stopped responding. I thought
> possibly the window wasn't selected, so I made sure that it worked with
> my mouse. When I tapped the pen on the screen, nothing happened. The
> pointer followed the tip, but when I put pressure on it, it doesn't
> select or click on anything. The right click button doesn't work
> either. I have called, e-mailed, and chatted with Gateway support and
> they haven't done ANYTHING to help me. Yahoo chats were also unhelpful
> as no one really knew what they were talking about. Usually when I have
> a computer problem, the chats and here is where I come for help
> Thank you for anyone who is able to help me.

Get a Wacom next time.

ss.

PeeCee

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I just bought a new tablet PC from Gatewate (my previous one I adored
> was stolen), and 15 days later the pen stopped working. The warrenty
> covered up until the 14th day and, of course, it was the day after I
> was able to get free fixes. I was using the stylist freehand in
> Photoshop when suddenly my eraser stopped responding. I thought
> possibly the window wasn't selected, so I made sure that it worked with
> my mouse. When I tapped the pen on the screen, nothing happened. The
> pointer followed the tip, but when I put pressure on it, it doesn't
> select or click on anything. The right click button doesn't work
> either. I have called, e-mailed, and chatted with Gateway support and
> they haven't done ANYTHING to help me. Yahoo chats were also unhelpful
> as no one really knew what they were talking about. Usually when I have
> a computer problem, the chats and here is where I come for help
> Thank you for anyone who is able to help me.

"new tablet PC" + "The warrenty covered up until the 14th day" sounds like
a real rip off to me.
Surely you got at least 90 days warranty?

If possible test the Pen on another Tablet PC.

Best
Paul.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

>The
>pointer followed the tip, but when I put pressure on it, it doesn't
>select or click on anything. The right click button doesn't work
>either.

Been there done that, change the batteries in the pen.

--
Board Dots
http://www.boredmuch.com/view.php?id=764

64 bit tablet pc and windows tablet PC edition?? btroglia@gmail.com Windows 64bit 3 06-27-2007 12:37 AM
Checkbox item events are double for pen input on Tablet PCs Mickey Segal Java 2 11-16-2006 08:25 PM
Graphic Pen Tablet? long eddy HTML 7 06-20-2006 03:14 AM
Trust Wireless Tablet - replacement Pen? secret squiddle Computer Support 0 04-18-2005 01:44 PM
Do I need a pen and tablet? Paula Sims Digital Photography 27 07-28-2003 09:42 PM

Advertisments