Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Deleted reg file

Deleted reg file

Capt T

Whilst trying to fix an opening error message I deleted what I thought was
the problem..Vserver folder plus two subfolders. I thought I had better
restore from the recycle bin but the files are not there.Is this major cock
up or can i rstore from somewhere else.

Pent 2 win 98se

Tks for any help

Meat Plow

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:47:42 +0100, Capt T Has Frothed:

> Whilst trying to fix an opening error message I deleted what I thought was
> the problem..Vserver folder plus two subfolders. I thought I had better
> restore from the recycle bin but the files are not there.Is this major
> cock up or can i rstore from somewhere else.
>
> Pent 2 win 98se
>
> Tks for any help

Backup copies of the registry are in \Windows\repair. Load the backup hive
in regedit, export what you deleted then import it.

Capt T

Sorry to be a plank but I cant see C:\Windows|repair when exploring C..this
is win 98 SE
should it be there??
Thanks

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:47:42 +0100, Capt T Has Frothed:
>
> > Whilst trying to fix an opening error message I deleted what I thought

was
> > the problem..Vserver folder plus two subfolders. I thought I had better
> > restore from the recycle bin but the files are not there.Is this major
> > cock up or can i rstore from somewhere else.
> >
> > Pent 2 win 98se
> >
> > Tks for any help

> Backup copies of the registry are in \Windows\repair. Load the backup hive
> in regedit, export what you deleted then import it.

Meat Plow

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:42:22 +0100, Capt T Has Frothed:

> Sorry to be a plank but I cant see C:\Windows|repair when exploring
> C..this is win 98 SE
> should it be there??
> Thanks

Yeh sorry, didn't read the Win 98 SE part and assumed it was XP.

Maybe that will help. Or google.com restore win98 registry