Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 CD/DVD Drive

Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 CD/DVD Drive

John Robinson

Hi

I recently purchased a new drive for my Laptop. I cannot find any
instructions on how to fit this drive. Could someone please 'guide' me
through the process. I'm quite good at upgrading PC's but have no experience
of laptop upgrading.

Thanks in advance

John Robinson

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"John Robinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I recently purchased a new drive for my Laptop. I cannot find any
>instructions on how to fit this drive. Could someone please 'guide' me
>through the process. I'm quite good at upgrading PC's but have no experience
>of laptop upgrading.

If it's like mine, it's very easy, just press a button and pull it
out.
http://support.dell.com/support/edoc...s.htm#wp999869
I assume their all pretty much the same.

--
http://www.jdbshow.com/badsign.html

Evan Platt

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:52:57 GMT, "John Robinson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I recently purchased a new drive for my Laptop. I cannot find any
>instructions on how to fit this drive. Could someone please 'guide' me
>through the process. I'm quite good at upgrading PC's but have no experience
>of laptop upgrading.

You bought it new? Did it come with instructions?

There may be a lever on the bottom of the laptop to slide the drive
out. If not, look for screws. Or perhaps on Toshiba's site there's
instructions?

John Robinson

I bought it 'new' on Ebay. There was no instructions and I've been unable to
find anything (apart from a standard user manual) on the Toshiba site.

Someone has offered me a 'service manual' in PDF format so I should be OK
with that.

Thanks

John
news:(E-Mail Removed)...