Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > gmail acc

gmail acc

Spawnia@web.de

hi,

i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
so that i can register one für me, too.

thx
liolê

joevan

On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>hi,
>
>i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
>i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
>so that i can register one für me, too.
>
>thx
>liolê

Is that your correct email addy. You should mung it or risk getting
spammed. I will try it. Check you email.
and for the same reason."

Spawnia@web.de

joevan wrote:
> On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >hi,
> >
> >i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
> >i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
> >so that i can register one für me, too.
> >
> >thx
> >liolê

> Is that your correct email addy. You should mung it or risk getting
> spammed. I will try it. Check you email.
> --
> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
> and for the same reason."

hi,

yes it is and your mail arrived, thank you.

i see the risk, too. and i search for a way to create my profile or
only add this newsgroup to my google acc. but to say the truth, i can
not find it.

liolê

joevan

On 22 Aug 2006 09:38:04 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>joevan wrote:
>> On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> >hi,
>> >
>> >i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
>> >i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
>> >so that i can register one für me, too.
>> >
>> >thx
>> >liolê

>> Is that your correct email addy. You should mung it or risk getting
>> spammed. I will try it. Check you email.
>> --
>> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
>> and for the same reason."

>hi,
>
>yes it is and your mail arrived, thank you.
>
>i see the risk, too. and i search for a way to create my profile or
>only add this newsgroup to my google acc. but to say the truth, i can
>not find it.
>
>liolê

I am not sure what you are trying to say. Do you mean you can't add some
numbers or something to your address so the bots can't pick up you addy or
something else?
and for the same reason."

joevan

On 22 Aug 2006 09:38:04 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>joevan wrote:
>> On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>something like above

and for the same reason."

atumescheit@googlemail.com

okay, then i try to explain it an other way ... perhaps it is helpful
to say, that my english isn't the best

i want to add this group to "my groups" in my google acc but i can not
find the button "join this group". and i want to, that only my nickname
is shown when i post a message, but i can not find where to do this
settings ...

Margolotta

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 17:38:04 +0100, (E-Mail Removed) wrote
(in article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>):

> joevan wrote:
>> On 22 Aug 2006 09:27:32 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
>>> i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
>>> so that i can register one für me, too.
>>>
>>> thx
>>> liolê

>> Is that your correct email addy. You should mung it or risk getting
>> spammed. I will try it. Check you email.
>> --
>> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
>> and for the same reason."

> hi,
>
> yes it is and your mail arrived, thank you.
>
> i see the risk, too. and i search for a way to create my profile or
> only add this newsgroup to my google acc. but to say the truth, i can
> not find it.
>
> liolê

DO NOT use Google Groups as a 'news-reader'. There are many (Blinky and Mara
for two) who actively kill-file (block) all posts originating from Google
Groups - it is in your own best interests to set up a news-server (if your
ISP does not provide this service and an increasing number these days don't
then you will have to take out a subscription to a 3rd-party NSP -
Individual.net is one that is highly regarded here, I believe). Then set up
that account in a proper news-reader (NOT Outhouse Excrement - use Agent or
Dialog or XNews or even Thunderbird or Mozilla).

You should have used a throwaway address when you set up your Google Groups
account - you can't change it now (TTBOMK). And even if you only added this
group, if you're using a valid address, it'll still end up on spammers lists,
simple as that.

joevan

On 22 Aug 2006 09:58:09 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>okay, then i try to explain it an other way ... perhaps it is helpful
>to say, that my english isn't the best
>
>i want to add this group to "my groups" in my google acc but i can not
>find the button "join this group". and i want to, that only my nickname
>is shown when i post a message, but i can not find where to do this
>settings ...

I don't think it works like that. You sent a message to this group. What
else do you think you need to do. At least now the email thing is adjusted.
and for the same reason."

Whiskers

On 2006-08-22, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i am a newbe in working with google and newsgroups and these things and
> i only want to ask, if somebody has got a gmail acc and can invite me,
> so that i can register one für me, too.
>
> thx
> liolê

Your ISP probably provides a proper news-server, so that you do not need
to use the Google Groups interface to newsgroups. You can use a
news-reader program on your own computer instead. Your ISP's web site
should have details and instructions for their "newsgroups" or "usenet"
service.

You do not need a Gmail account to use Google Groups, or for anything
else. There are good arguments for not using Gmail - see
<http://www.privacyrights.org/ar/GmailLetter.htm> and
<http://www.templetons.com/brad/gmail.html> for example. Other free web
mail services are much less intrusive.

--