Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD-RW & DVD+RW

DVD-RW & DVD+RW

Evan Platt

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:35:50 GMT, "ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Thanks - it looks like a long and detailed description so I read a bit and
>saved it for later study, the spec for the DVD under the TV allows both +
>& - in either R or RW so as long as the PC is happy with -RW as well as +RW
>it doesn't really matter which disks I buy for what.

Has nothing to do with the PC, it depends on your drive. Your drive
has to support - and + formats.

Rod Speed

Geoff Pearson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Rod Speed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Geoff Pearson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I asked this question before - having Googled away for ages. None
>>> of the sites explain the difference in formatting or file structure,
>>> they just prattle away about what the different formats can do,
>>> without explaining how or why. Very disappointing.

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD%2BRW
>>

> Exactly - just prattle.

Nope, not the external link in there
http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/113

PeeCee

"ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WmpGg.4709$(E-Mail Removed)...
snip

- none of the staff I asked had any idea what the difference was!

snip

Which makes one wonder doesn't it!

PeeCee

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"ian field" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TxnGg.7825$(E-Mail Removed)...
> DVD-RW & DVD+RW, what's the difference?

One is Plus, one is Dash.

Or, Sony vis Panasonic.

Other links posted go into more detail for you B)

RwP