Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Xp Active Desktop help please

Xp Active Desktop help please

Clara Bow

When windows starts it first shows a pic I used to use for a background
before going to the one I use now.
The other night a prog crashed and when I went to the desktop there was a
box asking if I wanted to resore my active desktop.
I thought this was a Win98 thing and had been dropped by the time XP hit
the shelves.
Any suggestions?
How do I turn it off?
Clara

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

Clara Bow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When windows starts it first shows a pic I used to use for a background
>before going to the one I use now.
>The other night a prog crashed and when I went to the desktop there was a
>box asking if I wanted to resore my active desktop.
>I thought this was a Win98 thing and had been dropped by the time XP hit
>the shelves.
>Any suggestions?
>How do I turn it off?

See if this helps
Start | Run <type in> desk.cpl <enter>

Desktop - Customize Desktop - Web - Disable any listings

--
http://tinyurl.com/gso3c

and3w

"Clara Bow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9826B11A8CA4nonexixtantnowherene@195.8.68. 207...
> When windows starts it first shows a pic I used to use for a background
> before going to the one I use now.
> The other night a prog crashed and when I went to the desktop there was a
> box asking if I wanted to resore my active desktop.
> I thought this was a Win98 thing and had been dropped by the time XP hit
> the shelves.
> Any suggestions?
> How do I turn it off?
> Clara

It is perfectly normal if Windoze is shut down wrongly (i.e. crashes, either
itself or via another program crashing), for the 'do you wish to restore
your active desktop' box to appear; as to it using an old pic..if you can't
stand the pic, delete it;..it should be in
C: Documents & Settings/[your logon]/Application Data/Microsoft/Internet
Explorer
or possibly 'My Picture's' depending on where you put it..