Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I can't get Outlook Express and XP Pro to play togehter - Outlook Express just doesn't start.

I can't get Outlook Express and XP Pro to play togehter - Outlook Express just doesn't start.

Marc

I get an error message 0x8007007e, 126 in the first window and than a second
window pops up and give me a message that MSOE.DLL can initialize. I moved
the "Program Files" and "Application Data" using XP Setup PRO and TweakUI.
I've copied all the data to the correct locations. Express has never
started so there are no data files so I can't delete the DBX files they
don't exist and I've check the short cuts to make sure they are pointing to
the correct files they are. I've un-installed SP2 and IE several times.
These cover just about ever fix that I've found on the net using Google. Do
any of you have any suggestions?

Marc

John Holmes

Marc "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I moved the "Program Files" and "Application Data"

There's your problem.

--
Your mother was a constipated block of concrete who always used to wake up
near a rubber factory giving blowjobs to total strangers.

Marc

Shouldn't be because I don't have a problem with any of the other apps.

Marc

"John Holmes" <nospam@****ithard.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Marc "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
> > I moved the "Program Files" and "Application Data"

> There's your problem.
>
> --
> Your mother was a constipated block of concrete who always used to wake up
> near a rubber factory giving blowjobs to total strangers.

Ben Myers

Click "Start", "Run", type or paste the following command line into the
"Open" box and click "OK". You'll have to change the path if you
moved the "msoe.dll" file. If this doesn't help, please repost with more
information, including the version of Internet Explorer in use on the
problem computer.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSOE.DLL"

Ben

"Marc" <mcnr@_N_O_S_P_A_M_mindspring.com> wrote in message news:n_gGg.12117$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> I get an error message 0x8007007e, 126 in the first window and than a second
> window pops up and give me a message that MSOE.DLL can initialize. I moved
> the "Program Files" and "Application Data" using XP Setup PRO and TweakUI.
> I've copied all the data to the correct locations. Express has never
> started so there are no data files so I can't delete the DBX files they
> don't exist and I've check the short cuts to make sure they are pointing to
> the correct files they are. I've un-installed SP2 and IE several times.
> These cover just about ever fix that I've found on the net using Google. Do
> any of you have any suggestions?
>
> Marc

Marc

Thanks for the input. I finally removed SP2, the firewall software and the
virus software. I reinstalled SP2, the firewall and the virus software and
everything is fine.

Marc

"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9NnGg.12224$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
Click "Start", "Run", type or paste the following command line into the
"Open" box and click "OK". You'll have to change the path if you
moved the "msoe.dll" file. If this doesn't help, please repost with more
information, including the version of Internet Explorer in use on the
problem computer.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSOE.DLL"

Ben

"Marc" <mcnr@_N_O_S_P_A_M_mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:n_gGg.12117$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> I get an error message 0x8007007e, 126 in the first window and than a
> second
> window pops up and give me a message that MSOE.DLL can initialize. I
> moved
> the "Program Files" and "Application Data" using XP Setup PRO and TweakUI.
> I've copied all the data to the correct locations. Express has never
> started so there are no data files so I can't delete the DBX files they
> don't exist and I've check the short cuts to make sure they are pointing
> the correct files they are. I've un-installed SP2 and IE several times.
> These cover just about ever fix that I've found on the net using Google.
> Do
> any of you have any suggestions?
>
> Marc

John Holmes

Marc "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Thanks for the input. I finally removed SP2, the firewall software
> and the virus software. I reinstalled SP2, the firewall and the virus
> software and everything is fine.
>
> Marc
>
> "Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:9NnGg.12224$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> Click "Start", "Run", type or paste the following command line into
> the "Open" box and click "OK". You'll have to change the path if you
> moved the "msoe.dll" file. If this doesn't help, please repost with
> more information, including the version of Internet Explorer in use on
> the problem computer.
>
> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSOE.DLL"
>
> Ben
>
> "Marc" <mcnr@_N_O_S_P_A_M_mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:n_gGg.12117$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
>> I get an error message 0x8007007e, 126 in the first window and than a
>> second
>> window pops up and give me a message that MSOE.DLL can initialize. I
>> moved
>> the "Program Files" and "Application Data" using XP Setup PRO and
>> TweakUI. I've copied all the data to the correct locations. Express
>> has never started so there are no data files so I can't delete the
>> DBX files they don't exist and I've check the short cuts to make sure
>> they are pointing to
>> the correct files they are. I've un-installed SP2 and IE several
>> times. These cover just about ever fix that I've found on the net
>> using Google. Do
>> any of you have any suggestions?
>>
>> Marc

And what meaning do you expect your delusional self-important statements
of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you
hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have
more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a
circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?

--
Your mother was an icky dolt who used to breathe helium in petrol
stations.