Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > what is image raid

what is image raid

Meat Plow

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 06:54:14 -0700, detap wrote:

> ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please
> make sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I
> get this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp
> professional dose any one know what this is

Intel 975 mobo?

SJP

"detap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44e85b7e$0$34078$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please
> make
> sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I get
> this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp professional
> dose any one know what this is

Still not corrected time zone on PC then. Posting from future

detap

((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please make
sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I get
this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp professional
dose any one know what this is

old man

Perhaps you failed to install the drivers supplied with your mobo, or maybe
you didnt read the mobo manual on installing these.

"detap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44e85b7e$0$34078$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please

make
> sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I get
> this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp professional
> dose any one know what this is

Walter Mautner

detap enlightened us 24hoursupport.helpdesk - (ab)users with:

literally: " what is image raid"

Perhaps they raided a truckload/harddrive/dvd spindle full of
hard/childp0rn images?

> ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please
> make
> sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I
> get this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp
> professional dose any one know what this is

What do you see in device manager, when you tick "show hidden devices"?
Looks like you've got a driver/configuration tool for such a controller
installed, which complains that it can't find one ...
Is it a 2nd hand computer?

Rich Wilson

"detap" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44e85b7e$0$34078$(E-Mail Removed)...
> ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please
> make
> sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I get
> this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp professional
> dose any one know what this is

Image RAID isn't anything. Silicon Image is a brand, RAID is a way of using
several disks as one. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID)

You obviously have some software installed that's expecting to see a Silicon
Image RAID controller somewhere in your computer and there isn't one, or it
isn't set up properly.

ProfGene

detap wrote:
> ((No silicon Image RAID controllers were detected in the system please make
> sure that all controllers are installed or configured correctly)) I get
> this message after my computer boots up I am using windows xp professional
> dose any one know what this is

Raid is a hardware feature for installing devices such as extra hard
drives. If there is nothing attatched to the Raid feature it might be
referring to this fact.

detap

what are you talking about were do you think I live
news:(E-Mail Removed)...