Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Some Things Will NEVER Change

Some Things Will NEVER Change

Au79

thanatoid

Au79 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:lKPFg.40225$(E-Mail Removed):

> http://static.flickr.com/88/219585590_3a92abd9b1_o.png

Is this for real or a clever image manipulation?
Both are entirely possible, that's why I am asking...

In either case, as I have said several times recently, anyone
who buys Vista is insane.

How about "Very Intrusive Spyware/Trojan Aggregation"?

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ

On 20 Aug 2006 07:33:12 GMT, thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Au79 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:lKPFg.40225$(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> http://static.flickr.com/88/219585590_3a92abd9b1_o.png
>>

>Is this for real or a clever image manipulation?
>Both are entirely possible, that's why I am asking...
>
>In either case, as I have said several times recently, anyone
>who buys Vista is insane.
>
>How about "Very Intrusive Spyware/Trojan Aggregation"?

How about "Vastly Improved Super Terrific Asskicker"? You say that
you have said before that anyone who buys Vista is insane. I didn't
see where you had said that before. Where did you say that at,
Thanatoid? Give me a quote so I can look it up.

Basically, this is the way it is going to be, if you don't buy Vista
when it arrives, you will automatically turn into a loser. There will
be no key, no serial number, no crack that will enable you to not be a
loser.

Anyone that doesn't have Vista will be laughed at and ridiculed for
being behind the times and ignorant. Or maybe you will just be
thought of as being too poor to buy Vista, in which case, you will
still be ridiculed and laughed at for being a poor, jobless, bastard.

Anyone that still creeps around using XP will be told to upgrade or
STFU. Linux users will have nothing to worry about, most people in
mainstream society don't even know they exist anyway, nothing will
change for them.

You mention Linux to most people and they mistake it for being a
character off of an old cartoon. I think the cartoon was called
Snoopy and the character was named Linus. I don't know, it was about
80 years ago when it was popular.

At least it was popular at one time though, more than can be said for
any distro of Linux. Linux users will always live in the shadows and
never amount to anything, this is how they like it.

But, if you are a serious computer user, the first thing that you
shall do is upgrade to Vista. It is the next step towards the future.

Alt

Synapse Syndrome

"Au79" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lKPFg.40225$(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://static.flickr.com/88/219585590_3a92abd9b1_o.png
>
> --

Re: Some Things Will NEVER Change

So some Linux user doesn't know how to configure VMWare. So?

ss.

thanatoid

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ <CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ@dac.com> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On 20 Aug 2006 07:33:12 GMT, thanatoid
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<SNIP>

>>In either case, as I have said several times recently,
>>anyone who buys Vista is insane.
>>
>>How about "Very Intrusive Spyware/Trojan Aggregation"?

> How about "Vastly Improved Super Terrific Asskicker"? You
> say that you have said before that anyone who buys Vista is
> insane. I didn't see where you had said that before.
> Where did you say that at, Thanatoid? Give me a quote so I
> can look it up.

Frankly, what you write in your two posts (which I shall go to
the trouble of replying to separately, as well as Margolotta's -
I thought I had plonked her, but I guess she has several
addresses... sigh...)
is so crazy that I REALLY don't know if, as our British friends
say, you're just "taking the ****" or whether you are even 1/3
serious. I do not remember your posts individually and it seems
there are some people who think you're an idiot, but I vaguely
remember agreeing with you on some things.

Anyway...

First of all, it's thanatoid, not capitalized. Thank you.
If you want to see where I have said it, gg. I do not x-no
archive.

> Basically, this is the way it is going to be, if you don't
> buy Vista when it arrives, you will automatically turn into
> a loser. There will be no key, no serial number, no crack
> that will enable you to not be a loser.

I would never install Vista (OR XtraProblems) if Bill Gates
himself came over and handed me a personalized copy wrapped in
Fort-Knox gold foil.

> Anyone that doesn't have Vista will be laughed at and
> ridiculed for being behind the times and ignorant.

Yes, most people are morons. What else is new.

> Or
> maybe you will just be thought of as being too poor to buy
> Vista, in which case, you will still be ridiculed and
> laughed at for being a poor, jobless, bastard.

I am a poor jobless bastard but for some reason nobody laughs at
me for it.

> Anyone that still creeps around using XP will be told to
> upgrade or STFU.

I use 95B and 98SE. Many think that's pathetic. I think spending
several hours weekly (or more) patching up their 5 years old (or
whatever) "operating system" so it presents a modicum of semi-
correct functioning is pathetic. There is NOTHING that I want to
do on my machines that I can NOT do now that XP or Vista will
allow me to do.
And I never have to "patch" anything.

> Linux users will have nothing to worry
> about, most people in mainstream society don't even know
> they exist anyway, nothing will change for them.

I know next to nothing about Linux. I learned computing on
Windows but I know better than to trade in my car every year for
a worse lemon than last year's. I do not have a single piece of
MS software on my computers except the heavily-tweaked OS's. As
I argued with some people about 6 or 10 months ago, you STILL
can't print a directory listing from WITHIN XP, can you? I
wonder if you will be able to from Vista.

> You mention Linux to most people and they mistake it for
> being a character off of an old cartoon. I think the
> cartoon was called Snoopy and the character was named
> Linus. I don't know, it was about 80 years ago when it was
> popular.

You are either senile or utterly clueless about everything
beyond you keyboard and the monitor above. It was called Peanuts
and it is currently being released in a hardcover "complete"
version, 2 years per volume, 2 or so volumes a year, at about
$25 per volume, by Fantagraphics books. It remains a work of
genius which it always was (genius within the world of cartoons,
I'm not talking Da Vinci here).

> At least it was popular at one time though, more than can
> be said for any distro of Linux. Linux users will always
> live in the shadows and never amount to anything, this is
> how they like it.

I really think you underestimate the growing popularity of
Linux. Of course, it will never overtake Windows. Cars could run
on hydrogen fuel 35 years ago but we are still using oil. That's
what's good for those who run the world.

> But, if you are a serious computer user, the first thing
> that you shall do is upgrade to Vista. It is the next step
> towards the future.

Such imaginative statements belong in MS advertisements, not in
a NG where roughly 25% people are able to use their brains to at
least some extent.

Unbelievable.

Continued in next reply (to M.)

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ

On 21 Aug 2006 18:35:34 GMT, thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

In the interest of brevity I will only reply to some of the more
interesting responses and cut the rest.

>>>Actually I often get the feeling there are about 50% Brits
>>>in many of the text NG's.

>> You are right, they are like roaches. You can't ever get
>> rid of them. And it is likely that the majority of them are
>> terrorists, also. You know, that is all Britain is really
>> producing these days.

>I am confused.

What is confusing about most of Britain being terrorists? That is
what they are all about now, Allah and terrorism, that is how Britain
is recognized around the world. *ngland is just the hotbed for them,
but they are in all of Britain, they basically rule that country.

>> America isn't in any more trouble than we ever have been.
>> Everyone can wish and hope and believe all the hype all
>> they wish, but America is still a towering giant and always
>> will be.

>Like the towers Mr. Bush decided would be a good political idea
>to bring down in the most beautiful example of controlled
>demolition ever?

No, that wasn't President Bush, that just goes to show you how
uninformed some people really are. It was the French that did that, I
thought everyone already knew. The country of France was tired of
Americans thinking they were ineffectual and dimwitted surrender
monkeys and always making fun of them.

In fact, this is the latest, Jacques Chirac was spotted only one half
of a block away from the Twin Towers when the attack took place, it is
on film. He was directing the attackers from ground zero. The news
is likely to break this week in all of the mainstream media
organizations, you will be hearing about it.

>> Also, simply because I happen to like the country
>> I live in doesn't make me a jingoist. We were never taught
>> to dislike ourselves or our country like so many other
>> countries have taught their citizens.

>Huh? I have been to/lived in about 8 or 10 countries and NOWHERE
>is hatred of their own country greater than in the USA.

That is just probably in the circles you run in, thanatoid. In real
America, where real people live, not high brow intelligentsia such as
yourself, love of America is as high as it always has been.

>> It is not even a
>> crime to have pride in our country if you live here,
>> unlike, say Canada or Britain. Hell, we are even still
>> allowed to fly our own flag, that is how good we have it.
>> So, all in all, we aren't like so many countries in Europe
>> are, like say, Germany. We can actually say the name of
>> our country out in public and say good things about it
>> without having to worry about being labeled a skinhead and
>> being put in prison. Yes, we have it good in the United
>> States.

>No comment.

You shouldn't comment. I mean, for goodness sake's, WWII has been
over for a long time, can't the German people even mention the name of
their country in a public place by now? What gives? Why aren't they
allowed by law to have pride in their country, isn't it about time for
someone to liberate Germany? They have suffered enough. Free Germany,
free Germany!!

Altie

thanatoid

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ <CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ@dac.com> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> On 21 Aug 2006 18:35:34 GMT, thanatoid
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> In the interest of brevity I will only reply to some of the
> more interesting responses and cut the rest.

Well, in the interest of sanity (what's left of it) I will end
this thread, with your permission.

I must say you do have a pretty good sense of humor, though. It
is so good and so subtle, wait, that's not the right word, what
I'm trying to say is when I lie for joking's sake or just make
up stuff to "take the ****", people are fooled because I am a
good actor. That's what I kind of mean about your posts. It's
hard to say whether you are insane or very funny.

Anyway, 'til next time.

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ

On 22 Aug 2006 05:32:00 GMT, thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ <CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ@dac.com> wrote in
>news(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> On 21 Aug 2006 18:35:34 GMT, thanatoid
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> In the interest of brevity I will only reply to some of the
>> more interesting responses and cut the rest.

>Well, in the interest of sanity (what's left of it) I will end
>this thread, with your permission.
>
>I must say you do have a pretty good sense of humor, though. It
>is so good and so subtle, wait, that's not the right word, what
>I'm trying to say is when I lie for joking's sake or just make
>up stuff to "take the ****", people are fooled because I am a
>good actor. That's what I kind of mean about your posts. It's
>hard to say whether you are insane or very funny.
>
>Anyway, 'til next time.

I mean everything I say, except for the very obvious, like Jacques
Chirac directing 9/11. Just as it is easy to pick out your jokes, as
in Bush directing the attacks on America, it should be easy for
someone to pick out mine.

Thanks, thanatoid, for the compliments. I think you are equally funny
and crazy, also.

Altie

Synapse Syndrome

"Margolotta" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s-media.phx...

> I used to use Classics when I worked in the
> City - fantastic machines, still have one in the loft.

<chuckle>

Get a job you lazy moose. But have a bath before you try; you smell.

ss.