Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Gigabyte Motherboard overheating

Gigabyte Motherboard overheating

symonlandor@gmail.com

Its me agian,and my brothers computer which is using a Gigabyte
motherboard (GA-K8U) is overheating.Speedfan indicates that everything
is fine except something labeled Remote 1 (its at
51-60C).Ambient,Remote 1,and Remote 2 (system) are all monitored by the
SMSCH H/M block.problem is,everything in the system is running nice and
cool,except Remote 1 at the address $2D,which I have no idea where it
is.I need to know where this remote 1 sensor is so I can add fans and
heatsinks. Thanks for the help

why?

On 19 Aug 2006 10:07:16 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Its me agian,and my brothers computer which is using a Gigabyte
>motherboard (GA-K8U) is overheating.Speedfan indicates that everything
>is fine except something labeled Remote 1 (its at
>51-60C).Ambient,Remote 1,and Remote 2 (system) are all monitored by the

That's fine speedfan, won't know where the sensors on the board are
located (although it's likely to be similar places all the time), this
is 1 of those motherboard manual / tech support for the motherboard
things.

Try the hardware mod sites like
www.overclockers.com
www.overclockers.co.uk
www.tomshardware.com

and many others.

>SMSCH H/M block.problem is,everything in the system is running nice and
>cool,except Remote 1 at the address $2D,which I have no idea where it

Don't use the default, cooling (HSF) buy some good stuff , check reviews
/ forum links at the above sites and you won't need to worry about the
address registers $2D of the SMSC chip hardware. Which isn't the
physical location anyway.

>is.I need to know where this remote 1 sensor is so I can add fans and

What you don't have any yet?

>heatsinks. Thanks for the help

Me

symonlandor@gmail.com

why? wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2006 10:07:16 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> >Its me agian,and my brothers computer which is using a Gigabyte
> >motherboard (GA-K8U) is overheating.Speedfan indicates that everything
> >is fine except something labeled Remote 1 (its at
> >51-60C).Ambient,Remote 1,and Remote 2 (system) are all monitored by the

> That's fine speedfan, won't know where the sensors on the board are
> located (although it's likely to be similar places all the time), this
> is 1 of those motherboard manual / tech support for the motherboard
> things.
>
> Try the hardware mod sites like
> www.overclockers.com
> www.overclockers.co.uk
> www.tomshardware.com
>
> and many others.
>
> >SMSCH H/M block.problem is,everything in the system is running nice and
> >cool,except Remote 1 at the address $2D,which I have no idea where it

> Don't use the default, cooling (HSF) buy some good stuff , check reviews
> / forum links at the above sites and you won't need to worry about the
> address registers $2D of the SMSC chip hardware. Which isn't the
> physical location anyway.
>
> >is.I need to know where this remote 1 sensor is so I can add fans and

> What you don't have any yet?
>
> >heatsinks. Thanks for the help

> Me

I have plenty of fans and heatsink,I just want to know where to put
it.I was told on another site that Speedfan has some abnormal readings
if there is no sensor,and I know that,but Ive never seen one of those
abnormal readings to change according to system load like a normal
sensor.And at the moment we cant really afford a new HSF,but will be
getting one soon,but the CPU isnt the problem.the CPU is running about
35-40C,"System" at 29-35C,and Remote 1 at 51-60C.And my video card
lacks a temperature sensor,and so does my HD,and my ram,which is very
odd.

symonlandor@gmail.com

On 19 Aug 2006 11:46:41 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>why? wrote:
>> On 19 Aug 2006 10:07:16 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>
>> >Its me agian,and my brothers computer which is using a Gigabyte
>> >motherboard (GA-K8U) is overheating.Speedfan indicates that everything

GA-K8U-939 ?

>> >is fine except something labeled Remote 1 (its at
>> >51-60C).Ambient,Remote 1,and Remote 2 (system) are all monitored by the

>> That's fine speedfan, won't know where the sensors on the board are
>> located (although it's likely to be similar places all the time), this
>> is 1 of those motherboard manual / tech support for the motherboard
>> things.
>>
>> Try the hardware mod sites like
>> www.overclockers.com
>> www.overclockers.co.uk
>> www.tomshardware.com
>>
>> and many others.
>>
>> >SMSCH H/M block.problem is,everything in the system is running nice and
>> >cool,except Remote 1 at the address $2D,which I have no idea where it

>> Don't use the default, cooling (HSF) buy some good stuff , check reviews
>> / forum links at the above sites and you won't need to worry about the
>> address registers $2D of the SMSC chip hardware. Which isn't the
>> physical location anyway.
>>
>> >is.I need to know where this remote 1 sensor is so I can add fans and

>> What you don't have any yet?
>>
>> >heatsinks. Thanks for the help

>> Me

So the advice from the people that know about cooling in the forums from
the URLs pasted earlier is?

>I have plenty of fans and heatsink,I just want to know where to put
>it.I was told on another site that Speedfan has some abnormal readings

Then you are okay, with plenty?

So I have heard, then if you search past posts in 24HSHD,
you will find other apps for monitoring mentioned, then again if you
check on the sites / forums for the URLs posted earlier you will likely
get told about any number of monitoring apps.

>if there is no sensor,and I know that,but Ive never seen one of those
>abnormal readings to change according to system load like a normal
>sensor.And at the moment we cant really afford a new HSF,but will be
>getting one soon,but the CPU isnt the problem.the CPU is running about
>35-40C,"System" at 29-35C,and Remote 1 at 51-60C.And my video card

Ah well that the CPU and maybe the onboard / under cpu dealt with, that
leaves the chipset/s , likely to be in the mobo manual or tech support
site for the mobo.

<snip>

Me