Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How can I stop activating menus before I can use em

How can I stop activating menus before I can use em

kurtcohen@gmail.com

Hi.

I'd like to stop having to move my mouse over menus or various odds and
ends when i'm browsing, seeing a light rectangle outlining it, clicking
it.... before being able to use it..
know what i mean?

Dirty Sanchez

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed). com>...

> Hi.
>
> I'd like to stop having to move my mouse over menus or various odds
> and ends when i'm browsing, seeing a light rectangle outlining it,
> clicking it.... before being able to use it..
> know what i mean?

have you tried not moving your mouse?

pcbutts1

What?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to stop having to move my mouse over menus or various odds and
> ends when i'm browsing, seeing a light rectangle outlining it, clicking
> it.... before being able to use it..
> know what i mean?

Whiskers

On 2006-08-19, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'd like to stop having to move my mouse over menus or various odds and
> ends when i'm browsing, seeing a light rectangle outlining it, clicking
> it.... before being able to use it..
> know what i mean?

Not sure if I do know what you mean, but it could be that you are talking
about a 'mouse-over' feature which some web-site designers seem to think
is a good idea. It's a design feature of the web-site, not anything to do
with your mouse or your web-browser. Some browsers, such as Opera, allow
you to turn off some or all of the fancy features of a web site, which
certainly helps overcome some of the dafter design gaffes but does mean
that you aren't 'experiencing' what the designer created and some
'features' on the site might not work at all.

There's no harm in complaining to the 'web master' if you don't like a
particular feature of his design.

--
-- Whiskers