Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Buying Used or New Printer Toner Cartridges

Buying Used or New Printer Toner Cartridges

King Coffee

Hello,

I have a prepurchasing question. If I can get %65 off the list price of a
NEW printer cartridge by purchasing a guarantee REMANUFACTURE one from
www.1ink.com ... is there a problem with this? In-short, what are the short
falls of a refurbished Printer Toner Cartridge?

Bill

Jimchip

On 2006-08-19, King Coffee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a prepurchasing question. If I can get %65 off the list price of a
> NEW printer cartridge by purchasing a guarantee REMANUFACTURE one from
> www.1ink.com ... is there a problem with this? In-short, what are the short
> falls of a refurbished Printer Toner Cartridge?

I go to a local shop, part of a franchise. They take the old cartridge,
give you a refilled at 50% list. The refills have always worked just
like the new ones. The people at the shop say the cartridges can
eventually go bad and become non-refillable or non-usable but they
guarantee a replacement if there is any performance problem. Somebody
online with a guarantee sounds like it could work but I would check
their reputation...cartridges are still expensive enough with the
discount that you could lose some money if the company isn't legit.

A company that spams, for example, is not legit in my book.

--
Variables don't; constants aren't.

Plato

King Coffee wrote:

> I have a prepurchasing question. If I can get %65 off the list price of a
> NEW printer cartridge by purchasing a guarantee REMANUFACTURE one from
> www.1ink.com ... is there a problem with this? In-short, what are the short
> falls of a refurbished Printer Toner Cartridge?

May work. May not. It's up to you to test with your money.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/