Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Neutralising garlic

Neutralising garlic

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
whitish colour.
I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste and
have turned brown.
I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.

Ta muchly
Brian

SUSAN JOHNSON

Ten pints of larger mate and you dont notice the taste any more. Actually,
they do say that fresh parsley chewed neutralises the aroma on the breath,
good luck
"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FdpFg.3544$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
> I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
> future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
> whitish colour.
> I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste and
> have turned brown.
> I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
> either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
> already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.
>
> Ta muchly
> Brian

Muse Gruppes

Brian H供 wrote:
> Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?

Eat some white bread (Yes, that evil Wonder), parsley and then brush
your mouth with baking soda and rinse with peroxide.

Have fun!

Blinky the Shark

SUSAN JOHNSON wrote:

> Ten pints of larger mate and you dont notice the taste any more. Actually,

Larger what?

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

SUSAN JOHNSON wrote:

> Ten pints of larger mate and you dont notice the taste any more. Actually,
> they do say that fresh parsley chewed neutralises the aroma on the breath,
> good luck

I want to jar a load (pickle) but wish to have an almost netral taste
when I open the jar to eat them at a later date.

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FdpFg.3544$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
>>I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
>>future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
>>whitish colour.
>>I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste and
>>have turned brown.
>>I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
>>either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
>>already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.
>>
>>Ta muchly
>>Brian

Martik

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FdpFg.3544$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
> I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
> future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
> whitish colour.
> I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste and
> have turned brown.
> I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
> either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
> already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.
>
> Ta muchly
> Brian

Bake at 350F until soft

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Martik wrote:

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FdpFg.3544$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
>>I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
>>future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
>>whitish colour.
>>I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste and
>>have turned brown.
>>I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
>>either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
>>already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.
>>
>>Ta muchly
>>Brian

> Bake at 350F until soft

The idea is to marinate/pickle them and eat them as crunchy morsels.

John Holmes

Brian H供 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> Does anyone know how to neutralise the pungent taste of garlic?
> I would like to jar up a few cloves to have as nibbles some time in the
> future but would like to get rid of that vicious bite and retain a nice
> whitish colour.
> I've experimented with olive oil, but they retain their strong taste

and
> have turned brown.
> I'm thinking of mixing white wine vinegar or white malt vinegar with
> either honey or golden syrup to see what that gives, but if anyone has
> already succeeded I would be obliged if they would share their recipe.
>
> Ta muchly
> Brian

Lemon. Depends on the size of the pot, but normally 2-3 teaspoons of
fresh lemon juice will do.

--
Your mother was a spoiled window cleaner who paraded herself nude in
closets.

Toolman Tim

Brian H供 wrote:
> SUSAN JOHNSON wrote:
>
>> Ten pints of larger mate and you dont notice the taste any more.
>> Actually, they do say that fresh parsley chewed neutralises the
>> aroma on the breath, good luck

> I want to jar a load (pickle) but wish to have an almost netral taste
> when I open the jar to eat them at a later date.

Why the f*** would you want to have a 'neutral' taste? The whole point of
garlic is the garlic taste! Geesh!

dadiOH

Toolman Tim wrote:
> Brian H供 wrote:
>> SUSAN JOHNSON wrote:
>>
>>> Ten pints of larger mate and you dont notice the taste any more.
>>> Actually, they do say that fresh parsley chewed neutralises the
>>> aroma on the breath, good luck

>> I want to jar a load (pickle) but wish to have an almost netral
>> taste when I open the jar to eat them at a later date.
>>

> Why the f*** would you want to have a 'neutral' taste? The whole
> point of garlic is the garlic taste! Geesh!

It had to be said...

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...