Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 70-270: what to read?

70-270: what to read?

jones_net

Hi

I'm going to take the MCSE 2003 and I'm currently studying for the XP Prox
70-270 exam.
The company provided me the MS Win XP Prof Training Kit book, CBT Nuggets
videos and a Transcender test.

My mentor told me, that I only needed to read the book and watch the movies,
then I should be ready to pass the exam. Yesterday I took the Transcender
practice test, and I was actualy stunned by the questions - a lot of the
commands they wanted me to use isn't mentioned in the book at all!?!?

Now I would like to hear, if the Transcender is close to the real exam, and
if so, what do I need to read now? The Resource Kit?
If the Transcender is far from the real exam, is the MS Training Kit enough
then?

I'm not interested in buying some cheat stuff!

/J

Yoshi

Get the one from Coriolis (ISBN 1 58880 266 3) and yes, the Resource
Kit is good reading too.

I haven't actually done the exam yet, but am confident the above will
be of great use.

Yoshi

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 10:24:11 +0100, "jones_net" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm going to take the MCSE 2003 and I'm currently studying for the XP Prox
>70-270 exam.
>The company provided me the MS Win XP Prof Training Kit book, CBT Nuggets
>videos and a Transcender test.
>
>My mentor told me, that I only needed to read the book and watch the movies,
>then I should be ready to pass the exam. Yesterday I took the Transcender
>practice test, and I was actualy stunned by the questions - a lot of the
>commands they wanted me to use isn't mentioned in the book at all!?!?
>
>Now I would like to hear, if the Transcender is close to the real exam, and
>if so, what do I need to read now? The Resource Kit?
>If the Transcender is far from the real exam, is the MS Training Kit enough
>then?
>

>I'm not interested in buying some cheat stuff!
>
>/J

**Bum**

Go read some braindumps otherwise you won't pass
for the simple reason that actual Microsoft exams like
70-270 (I passed) and 70-290 (I didn't pass) aren't interested
to test your knowledge from the MS Press kit or your hands on
experience (you won't have unless you've worked intensively
with the product for some months) but ask you quite a few
questions about problems that you'll never encounter in real live.
You have to read the questions very carefully to realize that they don't
correspond to a topic in the book and you will ask yourself how on earth
you are supposed to know the answer.
The solution to your (potential) problem is to learn from other people who
took the exam already. You know, MS exams have become tougher!
Or maybe it's just me..........(MSCE NT4 trying to upgrade to 2003).

Good luck!

**Bum**

"jones_net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fae07ab$0$7142$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi
>
> I'm going to take the MCSE 2003 and I'm currently studying for the XP Prox
> 70-270 exam.
> The company provided me the MS Win XP Prof Training Kit book, CBT Nuggets
> videos and a Transcender test.
>
> My mentor told me, that I only needed to read the book and watch the

movies,
> then I should be ready to pass the exam. Yesterday I took the Transcender
> practice test, and I was actualy stunned by the questions - a lot of the
> commands they wanted me to use isn't mentioned in the book at all!?!?
>
> Now I would like to hear, if the Transcender is close to the real exam,

and
> if so, what do I need to read now? The Resource Kit?
> If the Transcender is far from the real exam, is the MS Training Kit

enough
> then?
>

> I'm not interested in buying some cheat stuff!
>
> /J

Don't You Wish

Bum,
Would you like some cheese with that whine?

"**Bum**" <no_spam@no_spam.net> wrote in message
news:3faed9ff$0$58705$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> Go read some braindumps otherwise you won't pass
> for the simple reason that actual Microsoft exams like
> 70-270 (I passed) and 70-290 (I didn't pass) aren't interested
> to test your knowledge from the MS Press kit or your hands on
> experience (you won't have unless you've worked intensively
> with the product for some months) but ask you quite a few
> questions about problems that you'll never encounter in real live.
> You have to read the questions very carefully to realize that they don't
> correspond to a topic in the book and you will ask yourself how on earth
> you are supposed to know the answer.
> The solution to your (potential) problem is to learn from other people who
> took the exam already. You know, MS exams have become tougher!
> Or maybe it's just me..........(MSCE NT4 trying to upgrade to 2003).
>
> Good luck!
>
> **Bum**
>
> "jones_net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fae07ab$0$7142$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm going to take the MCSE 2003 and I'm currently studying for the XP

Prox
> > 70-270 exam.
> > The company provided me the MS Win XP Prof Training Kit book, CBT

Nuggets
> > videos and a Transcender test.
> >
> > My mentor told me, that I only needed to read the book and watch the

> movies,
> > then I should be ready to pass the exam. Yesterday I took the

Transcender
> > practice test, and I was actualy stunned by the questions - a lot of the
> > commands they wanted me to use isn't mentioned in the book at all!?!?
> >
> > Now I would like to hear, if the Transcender is close to the real exam,

> and
> > if so, what do I need to read now? The Resource Kit?
> > If the Transcender is far from the real exam, is the MS Training Kit

> enough
> > then?
> >

> > I'm not interested in buying some cheat stuff!
> >
> > /J

MCSE World

Only losers use braindumps.

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

"**Bum**" <no_spam@no_spam.net> wrote in message
news:3faed9ff$0$58705$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> Go read some braindumps otherwise you won't pass
> for the simple reason that actual Microsoft exams like
> 70-270 (I passed) and 70-290 (I didn't pass) aren't interested
> to test your knowledge from the MS Press kit or your hands on
> experience (you won't have unless you've worked intensively
> with the product for some months) but ask you quite a few
> questions about problems that you'll never encounter in real live.
> You have to read the questions very carefully to realize that they don't
> correspond to a topic in the book and you will ask yourself how on earth
> you are supposed to know the answer.
> The solution to your (potential) problem is to learn from other people who
> took the exam already. You know, MS exams have become tougher!
> Or maybe it's just me..........(MSCE NT4 trying to upgrade to 2003).
>
> Good luck!
>
> **Bum**
>
> "jones_net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fae07ab$0$7142$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm going to take the MCSE 2003 and I'm currently studying for the XP

Prox
> > 70-270 exam.
> > The company provided me the MS Win XP Prof Training Kit book, CBT

Nuggets
> > videos and a Transcender test.
> >
> > My mentor told me, that I only needed to read the book and watch the

> movies,
> > then I should be ready to pass the exam. Yesterday I took the

Transcender
> > practice test, and I was actualy stunned by the questions - a lot of the
> > commands they wanted me to use isn't mentioned in the book at all!?!?
> >
> > Now I would like to hear, if the Transcender is close to the real exam,

> and
> > if so, what do I need to read now? The Resource Kit?
> > If the Transcender is far from the real exam, is the MS Training Kit

> enough
> > then?
> >

> > I'm not interested in buying some cheat stuff!
> >
> > /J

Consultant

you forgot one thing, you are an ass ****er

"**Bum**" <no_spam@no_spam.net> wrote in message
news:3faed9ff$0$58705$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...
> Go read some braindumps otherwise you won't pass
> for the simple reason that actual Microsoft exams like
> 70-270 (I passed) and 70-290 (I didn't pass) aren't interested
> to test your knowledge from the MS Press kit or your hands on
> experience (you won't have unless you've worked intensively
> with the product for some months) but ask you quite a few
> questions about problems that you'll never encounter in real live.
> You have to read the questions very carefully to realize that they don't
> correspond to a topic in the book and you will ask yourself how on earth
> you are supposed to know the answer.
> The solution to your (potential) problem is to learn from other people who
> took the exam already. You know, MS exams have become tougher!
> Or maybe it's just me..........(MSCE NT4 trying to upgrade to 2003).
>
> Good luck!
>
> **Bum**
>
> "jones_net" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3fae07ab$0$7142$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm going to take the MCSE 2003 and I'm currently studying for the XP

Prox
> > 70-270 exam.
> > The company provided me the MS Win XP Prof Training Kit book, CBT

Nuggets
> > videos and a Transcender test.
> >
> > My mentor told me, that I only needed to read the book and watch the

> movies,
> > then I should be ready to pass the exam. Yesterday I took the

Transcender
> > practice test, and I was actualy stunned by the questions - a lot of the
> > commands they wanted me to use isn't mentioned in the book at all!?!?
> >
> > Now I would like to hear, if the Transcender is close to the real exam,

> and
> > if so, what do I need to read now? The Resource Kit?
> > If the Transcender is far from the real exam, is the MS Training Kit

> enough
> > then?
> >

> > I'm not interested in buying some cheat stuff!
> >
> > /J

Ken Briscoe

> ass

You said it, not me.