Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Spyware checkers value.

Spyware checkers value.

Jim Scott

I have Windows Defender running in the background, but for what?
Today I ran a full scan with SpyBotS&D, Adaware, SuperAntispyware and
Defender. They should all be up to date.
Only SpyBot picked up eUniverse Powersearch as being spyware.
Does this mean the others are 'not worth a light' or if not why not?
--
Jim S
Tyneside UK

beenthere

"Jim Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Windows Defender running in the background, but for what?
> Today I ran a full scan with SpyBotS&D, Adaware, SuperAntispyware and
> Defender. They should all be up to date.
> Only SpyBot picked up eUniverse Powersearch as being spyware.
> Does this mean the others are 'not worth a light' or if not why not?
> --

Hi Jim S
Different ones seem to pick up different items.