Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > trendmicro office scan client update is not working anymore

trendmicro office scan client update is not working anymore

bisi

Hello,
This morning, our trendmicro officescan server broke down and since
then, some of the clients are not able anymore to do the download of
the virus patterns.

After some research, I found out that the problem seems to come from
the IIS-download directory(web sites\officescan\officescan\download),
where the trendmicro publishes its downloads for the clients
(corresponds to the URL: "http://<trendsus-server>:8080/OfficeScan
/download/"). It seems that the client do not have anymore the rights
to download from there. If I understood well, trendmicro is using an
account IUSR_<servername> to download the updates, since this account
has anonymous access?

What I did is to give permissions for the group "EVERYBODY" and "DOMAIN

COMPUTERS" to the folder, thus all computers that are member of the
domain can now download the updates again, but all the computers that
are in a workgroup can still not perform updates.

What can be the reason for this?
Any idea for a solution?

Thanx in advance
Best regards
C.B.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:38:24 -0700, bisi wrote:

> Hello,
> This morning, our trendmicro officescan server broke down and since then,
> some of the clients are not able anymore to do the download of the virus
> patterns.
>
> After some research, I found out that the problem seems to come from the
> IIS-download directory(web sites\officescan\officescan\download), where
> the trendmicro publishes its downloads for the clients (corresponds to the
> the client do not have anymore the rights to download from there. If I
> understood well, trendmicro is using an account IUSR_<servername> to
> download the updates, since this account has anonymous access?
>

> What I did is to give permissions for the group "EVERYBODY" and "DOMAIN
>
> COMPUTERS" to the folder, thus all computers that are member of the domain
> can now download the updates again, but all the computers that are in a
> workgroup can still not perform updates.
>

> What can be the reason for this?

Security policy deployed by the DC of which you didn't mention the
flavor.

> Any idea for a solution?
>

> Thanx in advance
> Best regards
> C.B.

bisi

No, there are normally no security policies deployed by the DC
regarding trendmicro and the problem seems not to come from the DC
since it stopped working for all the clients at the same instant. Since
GPO's have a random part in the time they are applied, it cannot not be
a GPO which is wrong. An anyway, I did not make changes on the GPO's
since a few day.