Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > forwarding "sections" of a conversation to someone on the outside (not in the original conversation)

forwarding "sections" of a conversation to someone on the outside (not in the original conversation)

Joebrazeau@gmail.com

If I forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of
the conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation
recipient, do all my forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the
original recipient, or just the sections of the conversation that I am
replying to.

Dirty Sanchez

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>...

> If I forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of
> the conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation
> recipient, do all my forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the
> original recipient, or just the sections of the conversation that I am
> replying to.

if you forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of the
conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation recipient,
all your forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the original
recipient, or maybe just the sections of the conversation that you are
replying to

hope that helps

Whiskers

On 2006-08-18, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> If I forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of
> the conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation
> recipient, do all my forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the
> original recipient, or just the sections of the conversation that I am
> replying to.

Depends.

Perhaps if you were to express your question in a way that conveys details
of exactly what you are doing, such as which software you are using and
which commands or button-clicks you are using, someone might actually
understand the question. (I've leaped to the assumption that computers
are involved somewhere, although that isn't even implied by what you've
written here).

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Joe

I apologize if my question seemed confusing or incomplete to you. I've
broken it down to terms that I cannot make any simpler. Read the
question carefully. It makes total sense, it's just a little confusing
at first. The button clicks in this case of gmail usage are, as stated
in my original copy, forward, and reply. I forwarded a message with my
own comments to one person, then replied to the original. Does what I
forwarded to someone else get included in my reply to the original? If
you still don't understand the question, thank you anyway for your
suggestions and guidance. All the best.

Whiskers wrote:
> On 2006-08-18, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > If I forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of
> > the conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation
> > recipient, do all my forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the
> > original recipient, or just the sections of the conversation that I am
> > replying to.

> Depends.
>
> Perhaps if you were to express your question in a way that conveys details
> of exactly what you are doing, such as which software you are using and
> which commands or button-clicks you are using, someone might actually
> understand the question. (I've leaped to the assumption that computers
> are involved somewhere, although that isn't even implied by what you've
> written here).
>
> --
> -- ^^^^^^^^^^
> -- Whiskers
> -- ~~~~~~~~~~

Whiskers

On 2006-08-18, Joe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Whiskers wrote:
>> On 2006-08-18, (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > If I forward certain sections of a conversation to someone outside of
>> > the conversation, and then reply again to the original conversation
>> > recipient, do all my forwarded sections to other people dislpay to the
>> > original recipient, or just the sections of the conversation that I am
>> > replying to.

>> Depends.
>>
>> Perhaps if you were to express your question in a way that conveys details
>> of exactly what you are doing, such as which software you are using and
>> which commands or button-clicks you are using, someone might actually
>> understand the question. (I've leaped to the assumption that computers
>> are involved somewhere, although that isn't even implied by what you've
>> written here).

> I apologize if my question seemed confusing or incomplete to you. I've
> broken it down to terms that I cannot make any simpler.

You have omitted anything that would indicate what you are talking about.

> Read the
> question carefully. It makes total sense, it's just a little confusing
> at first.

Apart from the lack of a question mark, it is 'grammatically correct',
but it conveys insufficient information for any sense to be extracted from
it - and uses words in what appears to be an eccentric manner.

> The button clicks in this case of gmail usage

AHA!! Substantive detail at last ) You are talking about email
correspondence using "Gmail" - although you have not yet said whether you
are using the web interface (about which I know nothing, having never used
Gmail nor having any intention of using it) or some sort of real email
program. However, things are beginning to make sense. You are clicking
on buttons (which you did not say previously) in some sort of computer
interface (also new information).

> are, as stated
> in my original copy, forward, and reply. I forwarded a message with my
> own comments to one person, then replied to the original. Does what I
> forwarded to someone else get included in my reply to the original? If
> you still don't understand the question, thank you anyway for your
> suggestions and guidance. All the best.

What is preventing you from reading the whole of what you send to each
person?

If the Gmail web interface doesn't have a 'preview' option before you
'send' an email, then complain loudly to Google and in the meantime do not
use it.

If you need help to use a particular email program, then perhaps you could
let slip the identity of that program on the off-chance that someone might
know it - putting the name of the program in the 'Subject' line of your
article would help catch the attention of people who are familiar with
that program.

--
-- Whiskers