Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Symantec deceptive advertising????

Symantec deceptive advertising????

Xeno Chauvin

I bought a Norton Anti-Virus in early July.
Affixed to the box was a sticker telling me I could get
back $20 USD and A CLAIM FORM.
I dutifully completed all necessary forms submitted, PER the instructions
and enclosed a copy of the receipt,and the original UPC code.
Today, about 6 weeks after I submitted it I get a card
telling me "all required products were not submitted".
What the hell does that mean? Oh, "products"?
So I read the "form" again and LOW and BEHOLD
Symantec is CORRECT!
The rebate isn't on Norton Anti-Virus THOUGH IT WAS AFFIXED TO
THE BOX, BUT FOR OTHER Norton PRODUCTS.
SO NORTON YOU ****ED ME OUT OF $20.00 but YOU'LL NEVER GET
ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.
Xeno

Leythos

In article <su8Fg.12299$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I bought a Norton Anti-Virus in early July.
> Affixed to the box was a sticker telling me I could get
> back $20 USD and A CLAIM FORM.
> I dutifully completed all necessary forms submitted, PER the instructions
> and enclosed a copy of the receipt,and the original UPC code.
> Today, about 6 weeks after I submitted it I get a card
> telling me "all required products were not submitted".
> What the hell does that mean? Oh, "products"?
> So I read the "form" again and LOW and BEHOLD
> Symantec is CORRECT!
> The rebate isn't on Norton Anti-Virus THOUGH IT WAS AFFIXED TO
> THE BOX, BUT FOR OTHER Norton PRODUCTS.
> SO NORTON YOU ****ED ME OUT OF $20.00 but YOU'LL NEVER GET
> ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.
> Xeno

That's kind of funny - your posting about your failure to read something
and blaming the vendor

--

(E-Mail Removed)
remove 999 in order to email me

Steve Bosell

All companies are very picky about rebates, READ CAREFULLY! I recently
bought the downloadable version of System Works, mailed in the rebate form
and had my $25 in hand within two months. I'm still waiting for my rebates
on some memory and a graphics card that I purchased about the same time, so
actually, Symantec probably does a better job at coming through compared to
other companies!

Toolman Tim

Leythos wrote:
> In article <su8Fg.12299$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I bought a Norton Anti-Virus in early July.
>> Affixed to the box was a sticker telling me I could get
>> back $20 USD and A CLAIM FORM.
>> I dutifully completed all necessary forms submitted, PER the
>> instructions and enclosed a copy of the receipt,and the original UPC
>> code.
>> Today, about 6 weeks after I submitted it I get a card
>> telling me "all required products were not submitted".
>> What the hell does that mean? Oh, "products"?
>> So I read the "form" again and LOW and BEHOLD
>> Symantec is CORRECT!
>> The rebate isn't on Norton Anti-Virus THOUGH IT WAS AFFIXED TO
>> THE BOX, BUT FOR OTHER Norton PRODUCTS.
>> SO NORTON YOU ****ED ME OUT OF $20.00 but YOU'LL NEVER GET
>> ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.
>> Xeno

> That's kind of funny - your posting about your failure to read
> something and blaming the vendor

Yeah - I was just thinking the same thing.

Jerry Attic

Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
news:Tw8Fg.77071$(E-Mail Removed):

> In article <su8Fg.12299$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I bought a Norton Anti-Virus in early July.
>> Affixed to the box was a sticker telling me I could get
>> back $20 USD and A CLAIM FORM.
>> I dutifully completed all necessary forms submitted, PER the
>> instructions and enclosed a copy of the receipt,and the original UPC
>> code. Today, about 6 weeks after I submitted it I get a card
>> telling me "all required products were not submitted".
>> What the hell does that mean? Oh, "products"?
>> So I read the "form" again and LOW and BEHOLD
>> Symantec is CORRECT!
>> The rebate isn't on Norton Anti-Virus THOUGH IT WAS AFFIXED TO
>> THE BOX, BUT FOR OTHER Norton PRODUCTS.
>> SO NORTON YOU ****ED ME OUT OF $20.00 but YOU'LL NEVER GET
>> ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.
>> Xeno

> That's kind of funny - your posting about your failure to read
> something and blaming the vendor

Norton sucks any way. They make **** that is sometimes worse than the
things that it is suppose to resolve.

Starz_Kid

"Xeno Chauvin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:su8Fg.12299$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought a Norton Anti-Virus in early July.
> Affixed to the box was a sticker telling me I could get
> back $20 USD and A CLAIM FORM.
> I dutifully completed all necessary forms submitted, PER the instructions
> and enclosed a copy of the receipt,and the original UPC code.
> Today, about 6 weeks after I submitted it I get a card
> telling me "all required products were not submitted".
> What the hell does that mean? Oh, "products"?
> So I read the "form" again and LOW and BEHOLD
> Symantec is CORRECT!
> The rebate isn't on Norton Anti-Virus THOUGH IT WAS AFFIXED TO
> THE BOX, BUT FOR OTHER Norton PRODUCTS.
> SO NORTON YOU ****ED ME OUT OF $20.00 but YOU'LL NEVER GET
> ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.
> Xeno

Hello X, Perhaps you could use some reading lessons...!

Cheers.........!

Starz_Kid...

Sir Gis A Bun III

On 18 Aug 2006 05:07:25 +0200, Jerry Attic <(E-Mail Removed)0m>
wrote:

>Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> said in
>news:Tw8Fg.77071$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> In article <su8Fg.12299$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> I bought a Norton Anti-Virus in early July.
>>> Affixed to the box was a sticker telling me I could get
>>> back $20 USD and A CLAIM FORM.
>>> I dutifully completed all necessary forms submitted, PER the
>>> instructions and enclosed a copy of the receipt,and the original UPC
>>> code. Today, about 6 weeks after I submitted it I get a card
>>> telling me "all required products were not submitted".
>>> What the hell does that mean? Oh, "products"?
>>> So I read the "form" again and LOW and BEHOLD
>>> Symantec is CORRECT!
>>> The rebate isn't on Norton Anti-Virus THOUGH IT WAS AFFIXED TO
>>> THE BOX, BUT FOR OTHER Norton PRODUCTS.
>>> SO NORTON YOU ****ED ME OUT OF $20.00 but YOU'LL NEVER GET
>>> ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.
>>> Xeno

>> That's kind of funny - your posting about your failure to read
>> something and blaming the vendor
>>

>Norton sucks any way. They make **** that is sometimes worse than the
>things that it is suppose to resolve.

So why the hell are you replying to this and in a Symantec NG (among
others)?

Just like rubbing it in?

Sir Gis A Bun III

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 01:12:56 GMT, "Xeno Chauvin"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I bought a Norton Anti-Virus in early July.
>Affixed to the box was a sticker telling me I could get
>back $20 USD and A CLAIM FORM.
>I dutifully completed all necessary forms submitted, PER the instructions
>and enclosed a copy of the receipt,and the original UPC code.
>Today, about 6 weeks after I submitted it I get a card
>telling me "all required products were not submitted".
>What the hell does that mean? Oh, "products"?
>So I read the "form" again and LOW and BEHOLD
>Symantec is CORRECT!
>The rebate isn't on Norton Anti-Virus THOUGH IT WAS AFFIXED TO
>THE BOX, BUT FOR OTHER Norton PRODUCTS.
>SO NORTON YOU ****ED ME OUT OF $20.00 but YOU'LL NEVER GET
>ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.
>Xeno

Oh poor boy/girl/whatever. So [as other said], you are BLAMING
Symantec because YOU CAN'T READ?

You will probably bitch in a year when you switch to McAfee or
Kaspersky and you didn't read the competetive upgrade form correctly.

Evan Platt

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I bought a Norton Anti-Virus in early July.
>Affixed to the box was a sticker telling me I could get
>back $20 USD and A CLAIM FORM.
>I dutifully completed all necessary forms submitted, PER the instructions
>and enclosed a copy of the receipt,and the original UPC code.
>Today, about 6 weeks after I submitted it I get a card
>telling me "all required products were not submitted".
>What the hell does that mean? Oh, "products"?
>So I read the "form" again and LOW and BEHOLD
>Symantec is CORRECT!
>The rebate isn't on Norton Anti-Virus THOUGH IT WAS AFFIXED TO
>THE BOX, BUT FOR OTHER Norton PRODUCTS.
>SO NORTON YOU ****ED ME OUT OF $20.00 but YOU'LL NEVER GET
>ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.

I was driving on a freeway and saw two signs, SPEED LIMIT and 101. So
I drove 90 miles per hour. I was pulled over and arrested.

I then realized the sign was SPEED LIMIT 65 and HIGHWAY 101.

DECEPTIVE!

BASTARDS!

Periwinkle

"Leythos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Tw8Fg.77071$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> In article <su8Fg.12299$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> I bought a Norton Anti-Virus in early July.
>> Affixed to the box was a sticker telling me I could get
>> back $20 USD and A CLAIM FORM.
>> I dutifully completed all necessary forms submitted, PER the instructions
>> and enclosed a copy of the receipt,and the original UPC code.
>> Today, about 6 weeks after I submitted it I get a card
>> telling me "all required products were not submitted".
>> What the hell does that mean? Oh, "products"?
>> So I read the "form" again and LOW and BEHOLD
>> Symantec is CORRECT!
>> The rebate isn't on Norton Anti-Virus THOUGH IT WAS AFFIXED TO
>> THE BOX, BUT FOR OTHER Norton PRODUCTS.
>> SO NORTON YOU ****ED ME OUT OF $20.00 but YOU'LL NEVER GET
>> ANOTHER DIME FROM ME.
>> Xeno

> That's kind of funny - your posting about your failure to read something
> and blaming the vendor
>
> --
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
> remove 999 in order to email me

My opinion: it's 30% Norton (I mean they DID put in on the box when it
shouldn't have been there in the first place being that it WAS for a
different product) and 70% the user (READ THE THING!) ^_^