Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Installing OE6.0 on D drive?

Installing OE6.0 on D drive?

Sigi Rindler

Hi,
I am attempting to switch over from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird.
The Import of Mail from Outlook Express worked, but only a fraction of the
messages were imported.
There is no newsgroup that covers "Mozilla" or "Thunderbird".
Where else shall I look for to read up a bit on the subject?

Actually, I don't really dislike my present OE 6.0 since it handles mail
and news pretty well. If I knew how to tell the program to store mail,
news, and address book on drive D, I'd not attempt to switch.
Although I make regular backups with Acronis True Image, I'd always lose a
couple of files.

I have probably a way to do it:
Tools/Options/Maintenance/Store Folders. then "Store Location Settings",
Change to D:>

Is this the right way to do it??? Any hint is appreciated.

Thanks,

Murgi

Sigi Rindler

There is no newsgroup that covers "Mozilla" or "Thunderbird".

Sorry, it didn't show since I already had "alt.fan.mozilla" in my download
list!

Blinky the Shark

Sigi Rindler wrote:

> There is no newsgroup that covers "Mozilla" or "Thunderbird".

Yes, there. They're on the netscape server, unless that has changed
since I've been there..

> Where else shall I look for to read up a bit on the subject?

On the netsscape server, unless that's changed since I've been there.

I *think* that's secnews.netscape.com -- can someone else pitch in
that's used it/them lately? Thanks.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Sigi Rindler wrote:
>
>> There is no newsgroup that covers "Mozilla" or "Thunderbird".

> Yes, there. They're on the netscape server, unless that has changed
> since I've been there..
>
>> Where else shall I look for to read up a bit on the subject?

> On the netsscape server, unless that's changed since I've been there.
>
> I *think* that's secnews.netscape.com -- can someone else pitch in
> that's used it/them lately? Thanks.

I just found them.

http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html

You want mozilla.support.thunderbird

I'm looking at it on server news.mozilla.org. It's not secure, so use
port 119.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Sigi Rindler

> I just found them.
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/community/developer-forums.html
>
> You want mozilla.support.thunderbird
>
> I'm looking at it on server news.mozilla.org. It's not secure, so use
> port 119.

Thanks for the good lead!

Murgi