Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > 1 question

1 question

amir masaeli

when the mcse track 2000 exams will expire

What do you mean by expire?

right now the MCSE Win 2k is almost good for life. You
won't be able to attain it after the exams retire
(discontinued), because you won't be able to take them
anymore.

When will the 2K exams retire? Figure some time after the
longhorn comes out. Anything more percise - go but a
crystal ball.

To give you an idea: You cannot take any of the Windows NT
4.0 eams today, because they were discontinued. However,
if you already have the core exams, and are just missing
the electives, you could get a MCSE on Windows NT 4.0
TODAY. Which, in one sense, the MCSE on Windows NT 4.0
certification & track were not retired DIRECTLY, but only
the means to get there. Since the electives can still be
taken, the track is not completely dead.

What will happen to Win2K, and even Win2K3 remains to be
seen!

KasKoo

If I look at the Nt4 track they kept it alive for almost 8
years so you might be good for a while. but they expect to
publish the next generation of OS in late 2005-2006, so
only time can tell.

Also they haven't finish to create all of the exams for
the 2003 track.