Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton Ghost and the DVD

Norton Ghost and the DVD

Richard Miller

I've used Norton's Ghost to image my C drive which has a 4 gig image and
then a couple of smaller ones. If I try to burn the 4 gig image on my DVD
dual emprex burner I get the message which says " The file "C_drive .v2i" is
larger than 2 GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system.
Please use the UDE file system to write such large files" Can anyone help me
on this?

Thanks Richard

doS

you need ghost to burn to the dvd directly, otherwise when you restore you
will get an error"disk was not created with Ghost"

"Richard Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I've used Norton's Ghost to image my C drive which has a 4 gig image and
> then a couple of smaller ones. If I try to burn the 4 gig image on my DVD
> dual emprex burner I get the message which says " The file "C_drive .v2i"
> is larger than 2 GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system.
> Please use the UDE file system to write such large files" Can anyone help
> me on this?
>
> Thanks Richard

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Richard Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I've used Norton's Ghost to image my C drive which has a 4 gig image and
> then a couple of smaller ones. If I try to burn the 4 gig image on my DVD
> dual emprex burner I get the message which says " The file "C_drive .v2i"

is
> larger than 2 GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system.
> Please use the UDE file system to write such large files" Can anyone help

me
> on this?

You have two choices.

1) Use a 2G limit on the GHOST file (me? I'd use 625M for a DVD
burn, so that I can also burn to CDs if necessary).

2) Tell your burning software to make a UDF DVD, not an ISO DVD.

#2 is rather obvious from the error message, I'd think.

RwP