Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > What's the best A3 Colour Printer to buy ??

What's the best A3 Colour Printer to buy ??

Synapse Syndrome

What's the best A3 Colour Printer to buy?

I am thinking of getting a HP Photosmart 8750. Is there anything else that
I should consider?

Cheers.

ss.

Lenny

good printer but don't discount the Canon range. They seem to be
concentrating on these at the moment.

"Synapse Syndrome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's the best A3 Colour Printer to buy?
>
> I am thinking of getting a HP Photosmart 8750. Is there anything else
> that I should consider?
>
> Cheers.
>
> ss.

Synapse Syndrome

"Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> good printer but don't discount the Canon range. They seem to be
> concentrating on these at the moment.

Thansk for your reply.

I just had a look at the Pixma iX4000 and iX5000 reviews and they were that
good. They have only 4 colours and the colour prints aren't brilliant, but
they are cheap. The Bubble Jet i9950 is too expensive and is an older
model.

The Pixma Pro 9000 won't be coming out here for a few months and the Pixma
Pro 9500 won't be coming out until next year apparently.

I'll have a look at the Epson range, but it looks like the HP Photosmart
8750 is the one for me so far. It has good colour prints and is pretty
cheap to run from what I have read on the web.

Cheers

ss.

Synapse Syndrome

"Synapse Syndrome" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Lenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> good printer but don't discount the Canon range. They seem to be
>> concentrating on these at the moment.
>>

> Thansk for your reply.
>
> I just had a look at the Pixma iX4000 and iX5000 reviews and they were
> that good. They have only 4 colours and the colour prints aren't
> brilliant, but they are cheap. The Bubble Jet i9950 is too expensive and
> is an older model.
>
> The Pixma Pro 9000 won't be coming out here for a few months and the Pixma
> Pro 9500 won't be coming out until next year apparently.
>
> I'll have a look at the Epson range, but it looks like the HP Photosmart
> 8750 is the one for me so far. It has good colour prints and is pretty
> cheap to run from what I have read on the web.

Having done a bit more research I have found that the Canon Pixma iX4000 and
iX5000 are well priced, but the colour photo print aren't that great, and
the i9950 is too expensive.

The only other contender is the Epson Stylus Photo R1800, but after reading
several web reviews the HP Photosmart
8750 is the best buy for several reasons.

Cheers

ss.