Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Please Help

Please Help

emma

Please can someone tell me how to shut down a windows 2000
PC. Also how do you read floppy disks, i press the eject
button and the tray poped out so i put the floppy disk on
the tray and pushed it back in but it keeps getting stuck.

HELP

Jtyc

> Please can someone tell me how to shut down a windows 2000
> PC. Also how do you read floppy disks, i press the eject
> button and the tray poped out so i put the floppy disk on
> the tray and pushed it back in but it keeps getting stuck.

Filthy little liar.

You're not foolin anyone.

MCSE World

This is just too good to be true...

Best,
Will
www.mcseworld.com

"emma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0bce01c3a54c$7aae80e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please can someone tell me how to shut down a windows 2000
> PC. Also how do you read floppy disks, i press the eject
> button and the tray poped out so i put the floppy disk on
> the tray and pushed it back in but it keeps getting stuck.
>
> HELP

Ken Briscoe

> Filthy little liar.

Yeah, she posted over in mp.win2000.networking as "julie" with the same
question...and got roughly the same response.

--

KB - MCNGP #26

NEW NAME, OLD GUY

you can call Edison to cut off the power to the building. If you have UPS
you can walk few steps and unplug the power cord to the PC.

I can't answer the second question.

"emma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0bce01c3a54c$7aae80e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please can someone tell me how to shut down a windows 2000
> PC. Also how do you read floppy disks, i press the eject
> button and the tray poped out so i put the floppy disk on
> the tray and pushed it back in but it keeps getting stuck.
>
> HELP

Dragon

Contrary to popular belief, shutting down a system by unplugging the power
cord is the best method. So, simply unplug it to shutdown.

As far a floppy of concerned, it is possible that your drive needs some more
lube. you don't need to go out and but some special oil, simply take a table
spoon of vegetable oil (or melted butter) and lube the disk. Then insert it
into the drive. At times you may have to push the drive in a little harder
for the disk to be accepted. You could also use a cutting tool to re-shape
the disk into a round. Or,, as a final option, remove the harder shell of
the floppy disk and you will see the round disk inside, just use that. Clean
it with a fine grit sandpaper first.

"emma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0bce01c3a54c$7aae80e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please can someone tell me how to shut down a windows 2000
> PC. Also how do you read floppy disks, i press the eject
> button and the tray poped out so i put the floppy disk on
> the tray and pushed it back in but it keeps getting stuck.
>
> HELP

You are too funny...

NEW NAME, OLD GUY

now I remember. Last time I used WD-40. It worked.
"Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Contrary to popular belief, shutting down a system by unplugging the power
> cord is the best method. So, simply unplug it to shutdown.
>
> As far a floppy of concerned, it is possible that your drive needs some

more
> lube. you don't need to go out and but some special oil, simply take a

table
> spoon of vegetable oil (or melted butter) and lube the disk. Then insert

it
> into the drive. At times you may have to push the drive in a little harder
> for the disk to be accepted. You could also use a cutting tool to re-shape
> the disk into a round. Or,, as a final option, remove the harder shell of
> the floppy disk and you will see the round disk inside, just use that.

Clean
> it with a fine grit sandpaper first.
>

> "emma" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0bce01c3a54c$7aae80e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Please can someone tell me how to shut down a windows 2000
> > PC. Also how do you read floppy disks, i press the eject
> > button and the tray poped out so i put the floppy disk on
> > the tray and pushed it back in but it keeps getting stuck.
> >
> > HELP

JaR

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Filthy little liar.

> Yeah, she posted over in mp.win2000.networking as "julie" with the same
> question...and got roughly the same response.

Move along now, nothing to see here.

JaR

Kline Sphere

>Contrary to popular belief, shutting down a system by unplugging the power
>cord is the best method. So, simply unplug it to shutdown.

Complete and utter crap. Everyone understands that in order to
correctly shutdown a system, you need to throw it out of tenth floor
window.