Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Pictures As Attachments In Outlook Express Problems ?

Pictures As Attachments In Outlook Express Problems ?

Robert11

Hello:

Using Outlook Express 6 and XP.

Everything works just fine, except-

I cannot send any jpeg pictures as Attachments.

Sending text documents as Attachments works; it's just pix that won't work.

It hangs up every time I try to send anything with picture Attachments.

Any thoughts on what might be the problem ?

Thanks,
Bob

Mike Easter

Robert11 wrote:

> Using Outlook Express 6 and XP.

> I cannot send any jpeg pictures as Attachments.

For what value of 'any' -- any size, large or small? Or just the one
large size you tried?

> Sending text documents as Attachments works; it's just pix that won't
> work.
>
> It hangs up every time I try to send anything with picture
> Attachments.

One common problem is that servers and mailuser agents sometimes don't
get along for large filesizes. For that reason, your mailuser agent OE
was designed to be able to chop up large attachments in the Accounts
section -- if needed. I've never needed to use that function myself.

> Any thoughts on what might be the problem ?

The place where you do that chopping if needed is in OE/ Tools/
Accounts/ Mail tab - select account in question - Properties button -
Advanced tab - sending - if necessary check that tick and choose an
appropriate size.

That isn't the only cause of problems, but if you are trying to send big
graphics it might be.

--
Mike Easter

PeeCee

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hello:
>
> Using Outlook Express 6 and XP.
>
> Everything works just fine, except-
>
> I cannot send any jpeg pictures as Attachments.
>
> Sending text documents as Attachments works; it's just pix that won't
> work.
>
> It hangs up every time I try to send anything with picture Attachments.
>
> Any thoughts on what might be the problem ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Common problem with Norton Anti Virus when the 'hang up after sending and
receiving' box is ticked in OE.
Norton takes so long to scan the outgoing file, OE has decided the mail has
gone and closed the dial up connection before Norton's finished.

Paul.

ProfGene

Robert11 wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Using Outlook Express 6 and XP.
>
> Everything works just fine, except-
>
> I cannot send any jpeg pictures as Attachments.
>
> Sending text documents as Attachments works; it's just pix that won't work.
>
> It hangs up every time I try to send anything with picture Attachments.
>
> Any thoughts on what might be the problem ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

You might check the security settings and if they are real high lower
them then try it.