Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > left click dosen't work

left click dosen't work

BP

Hello
windows xp pro my problem is when I left click on anything on my desk top
nothing happens but if I right click and then left click on open it will
work. same for the quick launch bar if I left click on anything I get a
circle with a line through it. also if I left click nothing will open but
once its highlighted and hit enter what ever I highlighted will work

once I'm into a program every thing works properly with the left click seems
like the left click function is shut off on my desk top and yes I have tried
a system restore and have check to see if my mouse is working properly and
it is

Toolman Tim

BP wrote:
> Hello
> windows xp pro my problem is when I left click on anything on my desk
> top nothing happens but if I right click and then left click on open
> it will work. same for the quick launch bar if I left click on
> anything I get a circle with a line through it. also if I left click
> nothing will open but once its highlighted and hit enter what ever I
> highlighted will work
> once I'm into a program every thing works properly with the left
> click seems like the left click function is shut off on my desk top
> and yes I have tried a system restore and have check to see if my
> mouse is working properly and it is

Left-Click is typically this: single-click to select, double-click to
execute. Is that what you are doing? How about a click-drage - does that
work?

BP

news:M0JDg.1590$(E-Mail Removed)...
> BP wrote:
>> Hello
>> windows xp pro my problem is when I left click on anything on my desk
>> top nothing happens but if I right click and then left click on open
>> it will work. same for the quick launch bar if I left click on
>> anything I get a circle with a line through it. also if I left click
>> nothing will open but once its highlighted and hit enter what ever I
>> highlighted will work
>> once I'm into a program every thing works properly with the left
>> click seems like the left click function is shut off on my desk top
>> and yes I have tried a system restore and have check to see if my
>> mouse is working properly and it is

> Left-Click is typically this: single-click to select, double-click to
> execute. Is that what you are doing? How about a click-drage - does that
> work?

yes that is what I'm doing if I doubble click nothing happens if I right
click and open the window and then select open then it works was working
properly saturday night upluged the comp to clean the the area hooked it all
back up and now this
> --
> Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh. ~Doctor Who~

Tony Holden

Check you haven't got a bent pin on the connection to the PC.

Ant.

BP wrote:
> news:M0JDg.1590$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> BP wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>>snip

>> Left-Click is typically this: single-click to select, double-click to
>> execute. Is that what you are doing? How about a click-drage - does
>> that work?
>>

> yes that is what I'm doing
>snip

Okay. The reason I ask, is some systems are originally set up for a
single-click to execute (like my Sony Vaio laptop), and a user gets used to
that. Then if Windows gets set back to normal settings, they can't figure
out how to make it work anymore.

Anyway, have you been in to your mouse sensitivity settings to see if that
needs adjusting? Start, Control Panel, Mouse, look for "Double-click speed"
settings - mine is on the Activities tab, but it will vary from one mouse
driver to another, so your's may be different.

BP

how would that effect me opening items on my desktop
once I get into an application the left click works

"Tony Holden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:euJDg.17001$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Check you haven't got a bent pin on the connection to the PC.
>
> Ant.
>
> "BP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>
>> "Toolman Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:M0JDg.1590$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Left-Click is typically this: single-click to select, double-click to
>>> execute. Is that what you are doing? How about a click-drage - does that
>>> work?
>>>

>> yes that is what I'm doing if I doubble click nothing happens if I right
>> click and open the window and then select open then it works was working
>> properly saturday night upluged the comp to clean the the area hooked it
>> all back up and now this
>>> --
>>> Life: Nature's way of keeping meat fresh. ~Doctor Who~

CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:24:01 GMT, "BP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>how would that effect me opening items on my desktop
> once I get into an application the left click works

Just do it, dummy. If you want help, take it and quit your damn
arguing and bitching like someone is required to help your dumb ass.

Alt

BP

Just do what asshole If you have nothing to contribute regarding an
answer to the question mind your own business obviously you don't have an
answer just the ability to criticizes which doesn't solve any problems
anywhere.

I don't expect anything from any one any tips or advice are greatly
appreciated. I'm not sure where the arguing and bitching come in other that
your negative nothing to do with the problem comments Maybe your confused
and accidentally replied to the wrong post.

If your so smart which pin on the connection to the PC would cause me to
not to be able to use the left click function only on the desk top but if I
use enter it will work or right click and select open will make the
application work any response not expected but greatly appreciated thanks

"CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ" <CtrlĄ/AltĄ/DelĄ@cad.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 18:24:01 GMT, "BP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>how would that effect me opening items on my desktop
>> once I get into an application the left click works

> Just do it, dummy. If you want help, take it and quit your damn
> arguing and bitching like someone is required to help your dumb ass.
>
> Alt

richard

> Hello
> windows xp pro my problem is when I left click on anything on my desk top
> nothing happens but if I right click and then left click on open it will
> work. same for the quick launch bar if I left click on anything I get a
> circle with a line through it. also if I left click nothing will open but
> once its highlighted and hit enter what ever I highlighted will work
>
> once I'm into a program every thing works properly with the left click
> seems like the left click function is shut off on my desk top and yes I
> have tried a system restore and have check to see if my mouse is working
> properly and it is

Open control panel and select mouse. Check the settings for the buttons and
make sure they are applied as you want them.

BP

I've checked the mouse every thing seems fine It's almost like the execute
feature on the desk top is shut off because once I get an application open
it works just fine it's only when trying to open and application on the
desk top like double clicking on my internet explorer doesn't open it but if
I right click and hit open it works or double click and hit enter it works

news:4uKDg.51$(E-Mail Removed)...