Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > mp3 player through Windows Media Player

mp3 player through Windows Media Player

Kirsty

Does anyone know if it is possible to listen to tracks stored on an mp3
player through Windows Media Player 10, and if so, how? They will play on
the mp3 player's own software but we would prefer to use Media Player if
possible.

Thanks,
Kirsty.

fred-bloggs

"Kirsty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:n0EDg.67573$(E-Mail Removed):

> Does anyone know if it is possible to listen to tracks stored on an
> mp3 player through Windows Media Player 10, and if so, how? They will
> play on the mp3 player's own software but we would prefer to use Media
> Player if possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Kirsty.

Does your mp3 player appear as a disk drive? Just drag the files into
WMP.

If you've got an Apple then your stuck with using Apple software and
download sites.

--
fred

simon

"Kirsty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:n0EDg.67573$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if it is possible to listen to tracks stored on an mp3
> player through Windows Media Player 10, and if so, how? They will play on
> the mp3 player's own software but we would prefer to use Media Player if
> possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Kirsty.

Plug the MP3 player in and open Media Player. Click on FILE then OPEN and
select the tracks you want. It does depend which MP3 player you have.

David Matthew Wood

In article <44df228e$0$17994$(E-Mail Removed) ews.net>,
"fred-bloggs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Kirsty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:n0EDg.67573$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to listen to tracks stored on an
> > mp3 player through Windows Media Player 10, and if so, how? They will
> > play on the mp3 player's own software but we would prefer to use Media
> > Player if possible.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kirsty.
> >

> Does your mp3 player appear as a disk drive? Just drag the files into
> WMP.
>
> If you've got an Apple then your stuck with using Apple software and
> download sites.

Windows Media Player 10 doesn't run on the Mac...THANK GOD!

David Matthew Wood

In article <n0EDg.67573$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Kirsty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to listen to tracks stored on an mp3
> player through Windows Media Player 10, and if so, how? They will play on
> the mp3 player's own software but we would prefer to use Media Player if
> possible.
>
> Thanks,
> Kirsty.

Like someone else pointed out, a lot of MP3 players are nothing more
than a storage device with an MP3 player built in, meaning they will
show up as a removable disk. It should work just fine in WMP, but you
might want to give other players a shot as well. On the Windows side, I
personally prefer Winamp. On the Mac, iTunes.