Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Beating key loggers.

Beating key loggers.

sam

When logging on to any sites for financial purposes
in which you have to use passwords,or give card details
call up your on-screen keyboard and enter the details
'on-screen'.
All the key logger can record is a series of mouse clicks.

Jimchip

On 2006-08-12, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> When logging on to any sites for financial purposes
> in which you have to use passwords,or give card details
> call up your on-screen keyboard and enter the details
> 'on-screen'.
> All the key logger can record is a series of mouse clicks.

Why do you tolerate a keylogger anyway?
Don't use computers with keyloggers installed.

--
Variables don't; constants aren't.

H Lee

What is a key logger?
How do you call up your on-screen keyboard?

"Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2006-08-12, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > When logging on to any sites for financial purposes
> > in which you have to use passwords,or give card details
> > call up your on-screen keyboard and enter the details
> > 'on-screen'.
> > All the key logger can record is a series of mouse clicks.

> Why do you tolerate a keylogger anyway?
> Don't use computers with keyloggers installed.
>
> --
> Variables don't; constants aren't.

Michael

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When logging on to any sites for financial purposes
> in which you have to use passwords,or give card details
> call up your on-screen keyboard and enter the details
> 'on-screen'.
> All the key logger can record is a series of mouse clicks.

You sure about that?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keylogger

>How do you call up your on-screen keyboard?

Start | Run <type in> osk.exe <enter>

>"Jimchip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2006-08-12, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > When logging on to any sites for financial purposes
>> > in which you have to use passwords,or give card details
>> > call up your on-screen keyboard and enter the details
>> > 'on-screen'.
>> > All the key logger can record is a series of mouse clicks.

>> Why do you tolerate a keylogger anyway?
>> Don't use computers with keyloggers installed.
>>
>> --
>> Variables don't; constants aren't.

--
The Long Emergency
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...ong_emergency/

sam

Michael wrote:
> "sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

>> All the key logger can record is a series of mouse clicks.

> You sure about that?

Nup .

simon

"sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When logging on to any sites for financial purposes
> in which you have to use passwords,or give card details
> call up your on-screen keyboard and enter the details
> 'on-screen'.
> All the key logger can record is a series of mouse clicks.

If you men the type of key logger sold in EYE SPY magazine, they are about
10 years out of date. If you mean software YOU allow to be installed on
your own computer - learn not to be careless and how to stop it.

hammer1sj@lycos.com

Sophisticated keyloggers will beat Windows' virtual keyboard (or
similar products) without problems (by means of screenshoting,
clipboard interception etc.). Something much more reliable is needed.

PrivacyKeyboard - a nice app for anti-spyware protection, also has
protected virtual keyboard. I recommend it to everyone.

It can be downloaded from
http://download.softsecurity.com/3/14/prvkbd.zip

Regards,
Steve