Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > incoming and out going

incoming and out going

marilyn buist

please could you give me advise on how to find my incoming and out going
e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps saying Active
X cannot connect to my computer and something about pop3 cannot be found.
Please help X

SJP

"marilyn buist" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8r2Dg.39204$(E-Mail Removed)...
> please could you give me advise on how to find my incoming and out going
> e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps saying
> Active
> X cannot connect to my computer and something about pop3 cannot be found.
> Please help X

Incoming is pop.ntlworld.com
Outgoing is smtp.ntlworld.com

Evan Platt

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:41:40 GMT, "marilyn buist" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>please could you give me advise on how to find my incoming and out going
>e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps saying Active
>X cannot connect to my computer and something about pop3 cannot be found.
>Please help X

Go to your ISP's web site. Look at the HELP or FAQ section.

Meat Plow

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:41:40 +0000, marilyn buist wrote:

> please could you give me advise on how to find my incoming and out going
> e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps saying
> Active X cannot connect to my computer and something about pop3 cannot be
> found. Please help X

Email your ISP for the correct settings.

--
COOSN-266-06-25794

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Meat Plow wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:41:40 +0000, marilyn buist wrote:
>
>> please could you give me advise on how to find my incoming and out
>> going e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps
>> saying Active X cannot connect to my computer and something about
>> pop3 cannot be found. Please help X

> Email your ISP for the correct settings.

...from some other computer, no doubt.

--
-bts
-Warning: I brake for lawn deer

Evan Platt

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:25:53 -0400, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Email your ISP for the correct settings.

<VBG>

Meat Plow

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:57:30 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:25:53 -0400, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Email your ISP for the correct settings.

> <VBG>

Glad everyone has a sense of humor today

--
COOSN-266-06-25794