Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Where does Internet Explorer Store Incomplete Downloads?

Where does Internet Explorer Store Incomplete Downloads?

ya-ka

Hi all;

When I download a file, Internet Explorer stores the file at a temp
directory during download and then moves it to the real download
directory. But when the download times out, I loose the wholefile.

I would like to reach the incomplete file during download so that I may
recover the downloaded part (in case it is a rar or zip file containing
many files inside, the downloaded part can be saved.)

Could you please tell me where IE stores the files during download? I
searched the whole C: drive but could not find a solution.

Regards.

Synapse Syndrome

"ya-ka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hi all;
>
> When I download a file, Internet Explorer stores the file at a temp
> directory during download and then moves it to the real download
> directory. But when the download times out, I loose the wholefile.
>
> I would like to reach the incomplete file during download so that I may
> recover the downloaded part (in case it is a rar or zip file containing
> many files inside, the downloaded part can be saved.)
>
> Could you please tell me where IE stores the files during download? I
> searched the whole C: drive but could not find a solution.

Try using Getright or another download manager next time you need to
download a large file.

www.getright.com

ss.

Ben Myers

Downloads are typically stored in the Temporary Internet file folder until
complete. Go to "Control Panel", "Internet Options", and in the "Temporary
Internet file" folder, click "Settings". You will probably find several folders,
any of which may contain the incomplete download.

Ben
..

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"ya-ka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi all;
>
>When I download a file, Internet Explorer stores the file at a temp
>directory during download and then moves it to the real download
>directory. But when the download times out, I loose the wholefile.
>
>I would like to reach the incomplete file during download so that I may
>recover the downloaded part (in case it is a rar or zip file containing
>many files inside, the downloaded part can be saved.)
>
>Could you please tell me where IE stores the files during download? I
>searched the whole C: drive but could not find a solution.

Just start using www.OPERA.com better than IE and it has a download
manager, and will resume downloads.

--
All things Hubble