Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Saving jpg files where I want them?

Saving jpg files where I want them?

GrandpaChuck

I should know how to do this, I know, but I don't.

When saving jpg files from newsgroups they always want to go to a
folder where I don't want them. I have to find the folder where I want
them save and open that, then save them. I thought at one time when I
did that then subsequent files would open that folder. Instead it
opens the same on it did before and I have to go through the same
procedure. The strange part is the folder it opens is in My eBooks
folder which doesn't even contain any jpg files at all.

Thanks friends.
--
Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

The following information is given with the utmost respect for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of August 06, 2006 is 2,592. Americans wounded = more than 18,777 United Kingdom = 115 Other = 115
Over 100 Iraqi civilians are killed every day. Most of them by the so-called insurgents.
Today, August 9, 2006 it has been 1196 days since Bush declared,"Mission Accomplished in Iraq." Why do some people still believe what he says?

beenthere

"GrandpaChuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I should know how to do this, I know, but I don't.
>
> When saving jpg files from newsgroups they always want to go to a
> folder where I don't want them. I have to find the folder where I want
> them save and open that, then save them. I thought at one time when I
> did that then subsequent files would open that folder. Instead it
> opens the same on it did before and I have to go through the same
> procedure. The strange part is the folder it opens is in My eBooks
> folder which doesn't even contain any jpg files at all.

Try `Save As`, then you`ll get the option, of where you`d
like to save them.

GrandpaChuck

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:42:35 GMT, "beenthere" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"GrandpaChuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I should know how to do this, I know, but I don't.
>>
>> When saving jpg files from newsgroups they always want to go to a
>> folder where I don't want them. I have to find the folder where I want
>> them save and open that, then save them. I thought at one time when I
>> did that then subsequent files would open that folder. Instead it
>> opens the same on it did before and I have to go through the same
>> procedure. The strange part is the folder it opens is in My eBooks
>> folder which doesn't even contain any jpg files at all.
>>

>Try `Save As`, then you`ll get the option, of where you`d
>like to save them.

Sorry, but that is not an option.

I left click on the picture, then right click on save, then a screen
comes up the name of the file in one box and the file type (jpg) in
another box. At the top of that screen is the file folder, etc. but
none of the "File", "Edit", etc. across the top. I have to click up on
the folder and then browse till I get to the folder where I want to
save the picture..
--
Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

The following information is given with the utmost respect for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of August 06, 2006 is 2,592. Americans wounded = more than 18,777 United Kingdom = 115 Other = 115
Over 100 Iraqi civilians are killed every day. Most of them by the so-called insurgents.
Today, August 9, 2006 it has been 1196 days since Bush declared,"Mission Accomplished in Iraq." Why do some people still believe what he says?

ian field

"GrandpaChuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I should know how to do this, I know, but I don't.
>
> When saving jpg files from newsgroups they always want to go to a
> folder where I don't want them. I have to find the folder where I want
> them save and open that, then save them. I thought at one time when I
> did that then subsequent files would open that folder. Instead it
> opens the same on it did before and I have to go through the same
> procedure. The strange part is the folder it opens is in My eBooks
> folder which doesn't even contain any jpg files at all.
>
> Thanks friends.
> --
> Grandpa Chuck
> -τΏτ-
> ~
>
> The following information is given with the utmost respect for the armed
> forces and civilians who have died in the current war in Iraq. According
> to http://icasualties.org/oif/
> The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of August 06, 2006 is 2,592.
> Americans wounded = more than 18,777 United Kingdom = 115 Other = 115
> Over 100 Iraqi civilians are killed every day. Most of them by the
> so-called insurgents.
> Today, August 9, 2006 it has been 1196 days since Bush declared,"Mission
> Accomplished in Iraq." Why do some people still believe what he says?

One option is to install dap8.exe from speedbit, you can specify the
destination folder in the app's options menu and you can specify which file
extensions to automatically commence download ie if you specify jpg then you
just click on the link and away it goes. Also if you find a web page with a
number of links on it - right click anywhere on the page then select
"download all with DAP" it will list all the links that match your extension
selections, just click "download now" and it will queue all the selected
files for download - you can also select how many files to download
simultaneously.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:52:44 GMT, GrandpaChuck <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Sorry, but that is not an option.
>
>I left click on the picture, then right click on save, then a screen
>comes up the name of the file in one box and the file type (jpg) in
>another box. At the top of that screen is the file folder, etc. but
>none of the "File", "Edit", etc. across the top. I have to click up on
>the folder and then browse till I get to the folder where I want to
>save the picture..

So in front of the filename, type the directory, i.e.
C:\porn\filename.jpg .

Blinky the Shark

GrandpaChuck wrote:
> I should know how to do this, I know, but I don't.
>
> When saving jpg files from newsgroups they always want to go to a
> folder where I don't want them. I have to find the folder where I want
> them save and open that, then save them. I thought at one time when I
> did that then subsequent files would open that folder. Instead it
> opens the same on it did before and I have to go through the same
> procedure. The strange part is the folder it opens is in My eBooks
> folder which doesn't even contain any jpg files at all.

I wouldn't touch [Free]Agent with Toolman Tim's 10-foot pole, but that
said, is there no setting in its configuration dialogs for assigning
default directories to actions? Look around.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

GrandpaChuck

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:00:43 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 19:52:44 GMT, GrandpaChuck <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>Sorry, but that is not an option.
>>
>>I left click on the picture, then right click on save, then a screen
>>comes up the name of the file in one box and the file type (jpg) in
>>another box. At the top of that screen is the file folder, etc. but
>>none of the "File", "Edit", etc. across the top. I have to click up on
>>the folder and then browse till I get to the folder where I want to
>>save the picture..

>So in front of the filename, type the directory, i.e.
>C:\porn\filename.jpg .

Tried C:\MyDocuments\Popeye\popeye29

It says, "C:\MyDocuments\Popeye\popeye29
Path does not exist.
Please verify the correct path was given."

Now what do I need to do and is there any assurance when I save the
next file it will open the same folder to save it in?

--
Grandpa Chuck
-τΏτ-

The following information is given with the utmost respect for the armed forces and civilians who have died in the current war in Iraq. According to http://icasualties.org/oif/
The number of Americans killed in Iraq as of August 06, 2006 is 2,592. Americans wounded = more than 18,777 United Kingdom = 115 Other = 115
Over 100 Iraqi civilians are killed every day. Most of them by the so-called insurgents.
Today, August 9, 2006 it has been 1196 days since Bush declared,"Mission Accomplished in Iraq." Why do some people still believe what he says?

Evan Platt

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:19:47 GMT, GrandpaChuck <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Tried C:\MyDocuments\Popeye\popeye29
>
>It says, "C:\MyDocuments\Popeye\popeye29
>Path does not exist.
>Please verify the correct path was given."

Is popeye29 the intended filename or directory? If you typed that in,
Windows would assume it's the filename, so...

Click on Start, Run, and type in C:\MyDocuments\Popeye\ <Enter> . Are
you taken to that folder, or do you get a error?

C:\MyDocuments isn't a standard directory, so unless you created it,
you wouldn't have it.

Toolman Tim

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> GrandpaChuck wrote:
>> I should know how to do this, I know, but I don't.
>>
>> When saving jpg files from newsgroups they always want to go to a
>> folder where I don't want them. I have to find the folder where I
>> want them save and open that, then save them. I thought at one time
>> when I did that then subsequent files would open that folder.
>> Instead it opens the same on it did before and I have to go through
>> the same procedure. The strange part is the folder it opens is in My
>> eBooks folder which doesn't even contain any jpg files at all.

> I wouldn't touch [Free]Agent with Toolman Tim's 10-foot pole, but that
> said, is there no setting in its configuration dialogs for assigning
> default directories to actions? Look around.

Was that you sneaking around the neighborhood after dark last week?

Blinky the Shark

Toolman Tim wrote:

>> I wouldn't touch [Free]Agent with Toolman Tim's 10-foot pole, but that
>> said, is there no setting in its configuration dialogs for assigning
>> default directories to actions? Look around.

> Was that you sneaking around the neighborhood after dark last week?

Yes. The hardest part was keeping salt water flowing through my gills.
Your 'hood is not exactly shark friendly. To whom do I talk about this?