Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lavasoft - Ad-Aware 1.06

Lavasoft - Ad-Aware 1.06

Tass

I can't seem to keep Ad-Aware working after the first scan. It runs Ok the
first time and then won't. I uninstalled and downloaded a new file from
their site and still the same problem. I use Windows XP, do safe computing,
(Spyboy, Spyblaster etc) have Norton Internet Security. Any ideas? Thanks

Jimchip

On 2006-08-08, Tass <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I can't seem to keep Ad-Aware working after the first scan. It runs Ok the
> first time and then won't.

I guess you need to say more about what you mean by "and then it won't".
I have a similar setup, sans Norton. AdAware repeats OK for me.

> I uninstalled and downloaded a new file from
> their site and still the same problem. I use Windows XP, do safe computing,
> (Spyboy, Spyblaster etc) have Norton Internet Security. Any ideas? Thanks

Have you tried all of the scan settings? Have you set some "Custom
Scanning options" that may be skipping what you want to happen?

--
On the eighth day, God created FORTRAN.